We’re excited to announce a new feature enhancement our Product team has recently made to our website tracking technology!
As part of our October 2021 product release, we introduced new logic to our Visitor ID tracking technology that drastically improves the way we detect bot, or non-human traffic, on your website. Non-human traffic can appear on the same corporate networks as human traffic, and consists of web visits from sources like Media Verification, SEO bots, and other non-human scripts.
To help increase our data quality moving forward, our new logic will add additional parameters to identify bot traffic with higher accuracy, and remove it from your Terminus reporting. This information will also be directly surfaced to our Ad Experiences users with the rollout of our new Site Engagements page. This is just another step we’re taking to provide best-in-class data and transparency to our customers!
As a result of these updates, you may notice an initial decrease in the amount of web traffic displayed on your Site Visits report, and in Terminus-tracked web activity in other areas of the platform, starting next week. We expect the number of attributed website visitors in your Terminus instance to decrease by 4-5%, but the quality of the traffic reflected has our highest confidence.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding these changes, leave a comment below - we’d love to hear from you! Leave
- - -
- Will Terminus bot traffic blocking be retroactive?
- No. Once the feature has been enabled, we will start blocking more bot traffic moving forward.
- Once enabled, can this feature be turned off for my account?
- No. Once the feature has been enabled, it cannot be turned off.
- How will I know how much attributed traffic is being removed from my analytics pool?
- Once the Site Engagements page has been enabled for your account, you will be able to see the number of non-human engagements that were removed from your data pool.
- Has Terminus been blocking other non-human/bot traffic before this?
- Yes. As technology evolves, so do the various bots around the web. We will be continuously making improvements to our bot blocking to ensure the highest data quality.
Please sign in to leave a comment.