Welcome to Terminus Backstage! We’re excited to have you here, and hope you’ll find our community to be a place to find inspiration, share feedback, and interact with other savvy ABM practitioners.
If you’re new to this space (or new to user communities in general), we’ve put together some basic guidelines to help you find the most relevant discussions to engage with, get answers to your questions, and hear the latest updates from Terminus.
Signing In to the Community
Terminus’s unified login experience (SSO) will be available for both the knowledge base and the community. Singing in will ensure that you can view, post, and engage with community and knowledge base content.
From either the help center homepage or the community homepage, you can select the “Sign In” button in the top right corner. From there, you’ll be redirected to our platform login page, where you can authenticate using your standard Terminus platform login method. From there, you’ll be automatically redirected back to the knowledge base / community.
The knowledge base will also be accessible directly from the Terminus platform. If you are already signed in to the platform, you will not need to sign in again to access the knowledge base and community.
If you need additional assistance with logging in, check out this support article.
How to Search for Answers
Both the community and the knowledge base have built-in search functionality, so you can easily find articles or discussions related to your area of interest.
When searching for a particular keyword or topic, you’ll have the option to filter by articles, community posts, or all types of posts. When searching in the community, you can also filter results by specific discussion topics.
Discussion Topic Guidelines
In order to help our members find the most relevant discussions and answers to their questions, we’ve organized community content into several broader topics. Posting in the right place will ensure that your questions or ideas are seen by the people who are most able to help.
Below you’ll find an overview of each topic:
- Community Resource Center: If you’re new to the community, want A chance to meet and network with other members, or if you need a refresher on Terminus community policies, then this is the place to go!
- Community News: As the official Terminus Backstage road crew, the community team is here to ensure that we’re cultivating a fun, vibrant, inclusive, and engaging space for our members. To keep the energy high and conversations rockin’, we’ll use this discussion area to keep you up-to-date on any relevant community enhancements, contests, and other special opportunities.
- Platform Questions & Best Practices: Have specific functionality or best practice-related questions about a Terminus product or platform feature? This is the place for you! Discussions in this section will be grouped by product line (including a section for General Platform questions), so you can easily start new discussions, or find answers that are most relevant to you.
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Looking for new campaign inspiration, advice on reporting ABM metrics to your boss, or tips for driving better alignment between your marketing and sales teams? The Go-to-Market Strategy section is where members can go to talk shop on all things ABX - from metrics, to industry trends, to program execution. Check out this page to get Terminus’s take on go-to-market transformation.
- Terminus Product Updates: Want to hear the latest and greatest from the Terminus Product team? In this section, we’ll share details related to upcoming product releases, recent feature enhancements, and insight into Terminus’s product roadmap. Have an idea for a new feature or enhancement? Be sure to share them in our “Feature Ideas & Requests” section.
- Product Feedback & Ideas: Your feedback matters! In this section, Terminus users can submit feedback and requests for product enhancements or additions. Community moderators will tag feedback posts with statuses such as “Planned” or “Not Planned” to keep members updated on which requests fall within our current roadmap.
- Events & Education: Here at Terminus, we’re a little customer obsessed - and we’re not afraid to admit it. Be sure to follow this topic to stay up-to-date on recent and upcoming webinars, trainings, contests, customer and partner-centric events, and other exclusive opportunities for our community members.
- Customer Support Updates: Finally, this section will be maintained by the Terminus Customer Support team, and will be used to provide more visibility on customer support-related updates, like scheduled platform maintenance or system-wide outages.
How to Post / Comment
You can participate in the community by making a post or a comment to ask questions, provide answers, or share ideas. Before you post, it’s always a good idea to use the search bar to determine whether the question has already been asked or answered.
- Users will be required to sign in to be able to comment or post.
- Once you are signed in, click New Post in the upper right-side of the community page to start a new post. To comment, simply scroll to the bottom of a post and add a comment.
- Enter a Title for your post.
- Enter your post Details, which could include a question, a tip, or feedback.
- Select a Topic for the post from the dropdown menu.
- Click Submit.
Tip: Use the toolbar for formatting options or to add links or images when writing your post. If you want to mention another user, type “@” followed by the user's name. Select the correct name from the dropdown menu.
How to Follow Content & Get Notifications
You can choose to follow topics and posts in the community. When you create a community post or comment on a post, you are automatically subscribed to that post. When you follow content, you are subscribing to it, so that you will be notified by email when new posts or comments are added.
To follow a topic:
- Navigate to the topic you want to follow.
- Click Follow, then choose notifications for all new posts OR all new posts AND comments.
To follow a post:
- In the post, click Follow.
To unfollow topics or posts, travel to the corresponding page and click Unfollow.
How to View Your Contributions & Edit Your Profile
- After signing in, you should see a drop down menu with your name in the right hand corner of the page. From that menu, select My Activities.
- Click Contributions.
- Click Community comments or Article comments to view the comments you’ve made on posts or articles.
- Click any link to view the contribution.
To view or edit your profile:
- Select “My Profile” from the drop down under your name
- Click “Edit Profile”
- Add a profile photo & a brief description (encouraged, but not required!)
- Here, you can also view your activity and contributions, as well as any member badges you’ve been awarded!
We want our community members to feel safe, empowered, and encouraged to participate. Above all, we ask that our members act with integrity and good use of judgment when interacting in the community. All active community members should familiarize themselves with our Code of Conduct before participating.
In addition to enforcing community policies, our team of community moderators will play an active role in community discussions, and will relay important feedback from our members to relevant Terminus teams.
Look for a “Community Moderator / Manager” icon on a user’s profile to identify our moderators!
Community Updates & Member Feedback
Terminus Backstage is designed with our customers and partners in mind - and we want to hear from you! Check out this section to get updates from the community team, and to leave general feedback or submit ideas related to community membership.
Please sign in to leave a comment.