In order to utilize this feature, you must have Web Experiences as part of your Terminus plan.
If you have any questions regarding your current subscription plan, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
For users of Web Experiences, the Terminus data integration supports custom dimension reporting into Adobe Analytics. This allows Terminus firmographic data to push into Adobe Analytics for use alongside your other data points.
Enabling the Custom Dimensions component of the Adobe Analytics connection is a multi-step process.
- The first step will take place within the Terminus integration in the Web Experiences platform.
- The second step will take place within Adobe Analytics
Like performance reporting, custom dimension reporting into Adobe Analytics requires the use of eVars. Each customer will have a unique implementation of Adobe Analytics and will likely have a defined system for mapping data to eVars. Please note that it is important to understand the difference between custom dimension metrics (which we cover here) and performance metrics.
Configuring Web Personalization
Step 1. Within Terminus Web Experiences, select “Connections” from the left side navigation.
Step 2. If you have not configured the Adobe Analytics connection, do so now by selecting the connecting and clicking “Configure”
- Connection Name: Give your connection a name. This can be something very generic
- Impression/Click Data Fields: If you want to configure these for performance reporting, you may do so. These are not necessary for custom dimension reporting
- Save the connection.
Step 3. Find the Terminus connection and click “Configure.” If you have not already configured the basic connection, do so now.
- Connection Name: Name your connection whatever you’d like. Typical best practice is “[Company Name] Terminus Connection”
- API Key: Enter the API key provided by your Terminus Account Manager
- Advertising Audience to Import*: Click into this field to select all the advertising audiences that you’d like to make available in the Web Personalization segment builder
*Note: This is independent of custom dimensions, but is necessary to fully configure your connection for use.
Step 4: Navigate down to the Adobe Analytics portion of the Terminus connection. Ensure that your instance of the Adobe Analytics connection has been selected from the dropdown.
Step 5: Once you have selected the correct connection, you can begin assigning Terminus properties (custom dimensions) to eVars as shown below.
Step 6: Once you’ve created all of your variables, you can save the connection.
Configuring Adobe Analytics
Each customer will need to determine which eVars they would like to map the Terminus firmographic data to. The Web Experiences connection will only map one value to each eVar within Adobe.
When configuring the Scope for each eVar in Adobe, we recommend using the Visitor setting.
Once properly configured, the Terminus data will begin pushing to the Visitor-scoped eVar and will link all associated activity to that visitor.
Article is closed for comments.