In order to use this feature, you must be a Chat Experiences customer.
First, you will need to capture the unique embed code generated for your website chat. To do this, navigate to the “Links & Website Chat” menu option in the Chat Experiences interface, located on the left panel, and then select the Website Chat that you’d like to deploy.
As a best practice, most teams will have one Website Chat to deploy on their site. The Website Chat will most likely have “Playbooks” listed under “Route To” and list a theme that is not the “Default: Terminus” theme. If you see multiple website chats in your instance and/or have questions around which code snippet to deploy, please submit a support request via the Terminus Help Center for further assistance.
Adding the Terminus Tag Directly to a Website:
Simply copy and paste the Terminus Chat code into the global footer of your website. Once the script is included on all web pages, chat will be live on your site.
If the snippet is deployed, but chat is not appearing on your site, we recommend reviewing your Playbook Targeting rules.
Adding the Terminus tag Using Google Tag Manager:
- Within Google Tag Manager, select “Tags” from the left-hand navigation and then click “New” in the top right corner.
- In the new tag interface, name your new tag “Terminus Chat Code”.
- In the Tag Configuration, choose “Custom HTML” as your tag type.
- In the Triggering section, select “Page View” and “All Pages” as your trigger type. (Note: you may need to create this as a new trigger type if it doesn’t already exist in your Google Tag Manager account)
- Once configured as pictured below, save the new tag and then submit changes for publishing.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I post the Terminus Chat code snippet to specific pages rather than in the global footer?
Yes. However, as a best practice we do recommend deploying one code snippet via the global footer. Terminus Chat users who deploy Chat Experiences site-wide receive significantly higher rates of engagement with their playbooks. If you only want chat to appear on certain pages, you can include conditions to hide chat from specific pages within your Playbook Targeting rules.
Article is closed for comments.