Video ads are highly engaging, and have been found to outperform static display ad banners by up to 3X! These placements differ from CTV placements in that they live on more traditional pre-roll pages and more.
This feature is available to all customers. For more information regarding your current plan, please consult with your Client Strategy Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Launching Tactics with Video Ads
- Measuring Video Ads
- Average CPM
- Video Ad Specifications
- Where Will My Videos Ads Run?
- Best Practices
Launching Tactics with Video Ads
Video ads can be uploaded to any Ad Experiences tactic or campaign through the standard creative upload page in the Tactic Builder. Video Ad Specifications can be found below and in our Ad Creative Specifications guide.
Measuring Video Ads
Standard measurement of Video ads are similar to Display. You can measure impression volume, CTR, and lift in site engagements all within Terminus Ads Experiences.
Additional reporting metrics can be requested through the Support Portal, including:
- Video Completion Rates
- Site Placements
For more information on custom reporting requests from the Terminus Digital Media team, please see this article.
Video content can be slightly more expensive than display ads, as publishers tend to charge a higher CPM rate for video ad placements. The average CPM for video ads are $15-$20 and is dependent upon the audience, budget, and goals of the campaign
Video Ad Specifications
- Terminus can serve pre, mid, and post roll video ads
- File Format must be MP4
- File size must be smaller than 10MB
- Typical resolutions: 1920x1080 or 1280x720
- Dimensions must be at least 400 pixels in height or width
- Minimum duration for video ads is 5 seconds, and maximum duration is 60 seconds, but Terminus recommends creating separate ads under 15/30/45/60 seconds
- Bid requests usually fall into standard buckets of max duration, and it’s possible for any video length to be sent to fulfill the request, as long as it falls below that max duration.
- e.g. a 25-second ad could be sent to fulfill a request with a max duration of 30 seconds, or a 6-second ad could be sent for 15 seconds. The player will adapt to a shorter video length than the max duration, so there will be no dead space between the end of the ad and the beginning of the publisher’s video content.
- The video target bitrate is 2500 kbps
- Greater than or less than 2500 kbps is also acceptable if the total file size conforms to the accepted <10MB\
Additional specifications: https://tradedesk.getguru.com/card/ir67k9KT/Video-Creative-Specifications-by-Channel-Solimar
Where Will My Video Ads Run?
We run Video ads across 70+ Networks including the following:
We run on Premium Publishers that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Fox News
Video ads are considered to be a high-impact and full-funnel advertising campaign option. These types of ads are great for product visualization, and overall engagement.
Additional best practices and stats include:
- Run video campaigns alongside digital campaigns towards the same audience for best results
- Keep videos around the :15 and :30 video length. Remember you are trying to capture your audience’s attention, so keep it short and engaging.
- 3rd party commissioned surveys have found that audiences who had viewed video ads in a 7-day window were 26% more likely to remember the product/service being advertised vs. static banner ads.
Examples of video ads can be found here and here.
Article is closed for comments.