Campaign optimization involves the process of improving a campaign's overall performance to ensure pre-established goals are met. This not only includes setting up a campaign for success at launch, but also maximizing the chances of winning auctions, taking advantage of all available inventory, ensuring impressions are being served, and more.
Terminus leverages both a programmatic team and machine-learning to make weekly optimizations to your running tactics. If you have the Media Strategy service as part of your Terminus subscription, then you will have a Digital Media Manager (DMM) to lead the optimization strategy across your advertising tactics to align with your team's business goals. Your DMM will analyze trends across the market to make recommendations for your digital campaigns.
DMMs pull inventory insight reports to monitor diagnostic metrics such as CPM, CTR, and CPC to ensure your media dollars are being spent most efficiently and effectively.
What are the most common optimizations made?
- CPM (Cost per 1,000 impressions)
- Optimize to sites and supply vendors with the best performing CPMs.
- CPM benchmarks range by audience size and daily budget goals
- Frequency (How many times a user sees your ad)
- Adjust the frequency based on audience size and pacing (budget) goals
- Ad Networks
- Optimize to which Ad Networks are producing inventory where your audience is most engaged
- Time/Day of Week
- Optimize to the day and time does your audience engages most
- Device Types (PC, Mobile, Tablet)
- Bid more on devices where your audience is engaging the most
- Adjustments to bidding more on creative sizes that show the highest engagement
After a campaign has been launched, it is recommended that performance is reviewed after about two weeks of consistent campaign runtime. At this point, there is generally enough data for a DMM to analyze, identify trends and apply any initial optimizations in order to meet campaign goals. The DMM and campaign optimization team will continue to monitor the progress of the campaign weekly, pulling any additional levers at their disposal to drive continued optimal performance
Within each phase of the account-based marketing ad campaign, the DMM will recommend your business deploy a variety of tactics to address goals within the awareness, consideration and conversion phases.
Here are some common optimizations the DMM will consider for each campaign stage:
For more details on KPIs, benchmarks, and optimizations, please review our Advertising 301 webinar presentation.
You may also request changes or updates to your campaign (i.e. changes to frequency capping etc) through the Terminus Support portal.