You will need to have access to Terminus Chat Experiences and Slack in order to use this integration. If you do not have access to Terminus Chat, please reach out to your CSM to discuss your packaging.
Manage Entire Conversations:
- Send and receive Terminus Chat messages within Slack.
- Use the built-in Slack shortcuts to book meetings and collect information from your chat visitors.
- All of the data, including the entire back and forth conversation, will automatically push back into Chat Experiences (and into your connected systems as configured within Concluding Plays).
- Pick up the conversation from anywhere without disturbing the visitor experience. If you initially answer a conversation in Terminus Chat, you can switch to Slack and vice versa without your chat visitor knowing. Messages from all communication channels (Terminus Chat on web browser, Terminus Chat mobile app, etc.) will be broadcasted live in the respective Slack thread for each conversation.
- At the end of the chat, you will have the opportunity to indicate how qualified a lead is like usual.
You can select to push notifications to a routing group, an individual account owner, or even a global channel.
- Routing Group: Within your routing group settings in Chat Experiences, you can now add a Slack channel. Chat Experiences will then push all notifications for the routing group into the respective Slack channel and "@" mention the members of the routing group.
- If all members of a routing group except for one person are on Do Not Disturb within Terminus Chat, the online team member will receive a Slack DM rather than the channel.
- If a routing group only has one member, Terminus Chat will push the notification to a DM instead of a channel.
- Individual Account Owner: When an identified target account initiates a conversation on your website, Chat Experiences notifications can be directed to the assigned account owner with our account-based routing capabilities. These account-based notifications will be sent to the account owner’s Slack direct messages.
- Global Channel: For smaller teams that do not need to utilize multiple routing groups, we’ve added the ability to easily send all chat notifications to one dedicated Slack channel of your choosing.
These steps can be completed by a Terminus Chat admin. Administrative privileges to Slack are not required to create the connection.
When and Where to Expect Slack Notifications
- Routing Group: Chat Experiences will push notifications for routing groups into the selected Slack channel and "@" mention the members of the routing group.
- Note: If all members of a routing group except for one person are on Do Not Disturb within Terminus Chat, the online team member will receive a Slack DM rather than the channel.
- Note: If a routing group only has one member, Terminus Chat will push the notification to a DM instead of a channel.
- Individual Account Owner: If your team’s Chat Administrator has turned on account-based routing (i.e. looking up account owner in Salesforce or another connected system), Terminus Chat will push the notification to a DM instead of a channel.
- Global Channel: For smaller teams that do not need to utilize multiple routing groups, we’ve added the ability to easily send all chat notifications to one dedicated Slack channel of your choosing. This includes account-based routing notifications.
What Information is Included on Terminus Chat Notifications within Slack
When Terminus Chat pushes a notification to Slack, the app will @ mention the individual or members of the routing group receiving the notification.
The notification will include the following information about the chat visitor, if known:
- Account Name
- Phone Number
- Current Page Being Viewed
On the chat notification via Slack, you will see two buttons:
- Join Chat - select this button to join the conversation via Slack. Once you click this button, simply respond in the message thread to continue the chat conversation. You MUST respond in the Slack thread when chatting through Slack.
- Join in Terminus Chat - select this button to open Terminus Chat and continue the conversation in your web browser.
Under the Join Chat options, you will also see a link that says “Click here to view the conversation in Terminus Chat.” You can click on this at any point in the conversation to open Terminus Chat. Doing so might be helpful to gather more information from the Terminus Chat Visitor Info panel, such as data that has been pulled in from your team’s connected systems (like Salesforce).
Lastly, you can also see a Conversation Preview to understand how the visitor conversed with the chatbot and create a personalized greeting when you join the conversation.
Answering Terminus Chat Notifications
When a chat is joined by you or a team member (whether via Slack or Terminus Chat web browser), the initial notification will be updated from “Unanswered Chat Request” to “Chat has been answered. Conversation in Progress”.
Just like other Terminus Chat notifications, your Terminus Chat administrator will configure how long you have to answer the chat request before the chatbot jumps back in to continue the conversation.
If a chat notification is pushed to Slack and is not answered within the time window, any additional messages from the chatbot / chat visitor will be posted in the message thread. Similar to using Terminus Chat via a web browser, you can review these messages and still have the opportunity to join a conversation from Slack after the initial answer window has passed (just be aware that you will be interrupting messages from the chatbot!).
Terminus Chat Shortcuts within Slack
There are three shortcuts within Terminus Chat + Slack integration:
- Ask Visitor Data
- Update Visitor Data
- Schedule Meeting
To use these shortcuts, simply hover over any message in the chat conversation thread and click on the ellipses to reveal more actions.
Then, select the shortcut that you’d like to use.
If you do not see the Terminus Chat shortcuts in the list, you can click on “More message shortcuts” to search for the one you’d like to use. This may be necessary the first time you use a shortcut.
Ask Visitor Data Shortcut:
Use this shortcut to ask your chat visitor for information. The dropdown list of options will contain any data asks that your Terminus Chat administrator has added to your team. By selecting and submitting a data ask, Terminus Chat will ask the visitor for this information in a way that will be stored and can be passed into your team’s other connected systems.
In this example, the visitor will be asked for their phone number.
Update Visitor Data Shortcut:
Use this shortcut to store any information that you may have collected about your visitor during the conversation. This will not ask the visitor for the information, but will pass it to Terminus Chat without alerting the visitor.
Schedule Meeting Shortcut:
Use this shortcut to share your calendar with your chat visitor to book a meeting. You must first connect your calendar to Terminus Chat and create a calendar event. You will receive an email alert with confirmation of the meeting that was scheduled.
Ending a Conversation
When a conversation ends, the chat notification will be updated to say:
This conversation has ended. The chat request was answered.
You will then receive this message, which allows you to qualify the chat conversation:
This will be passed into Terminus Chat and stored.