LinkedIn Campaign-Level Reporting
Campaign-level reporting allows Terminus customers to see valuable LinkedIn campaign metrics inside of the Terminus platform. Users are able to view campaign-level performance metrics to make informed decisions around where to increase or decrease spend, and understand which campaigns may or may not be resonating with key audiences
Campaign-level metrics that can be seen inside of Terminus Ad Experiences include:
- Campaign Name: LinkedIn Campaign names are clickable and will take a user to the LinkedIn Campaign Overview page.
- Campaign Status:
- Active: Your campaign is active and approved ads in active campaigns can display impressions.
- Draft: Your campaign is still in draft status and has not been launched.
- Paused: Your campaign is paused and no longer serving ads. Edits can be made while your campaign is paused.
- Completed: Your campaign has reached its end date or total budget and has stopped serving. Your campaign must be reactivated to edit or create a new ad.
- Archived: Your campaign has been archived and is no longer serving. Your campaign must be reactivated to edit or create a new ad.
- A complete list of LinkedIn Campaign Status Definitions can be found here.
- Campaign Type: A complete list of all LinkedIn Campaign Types can be found here.
- Campaign Objective Type: A complete list of LinkedIn Campaign Objective Types can be found here.
- Campaign Start Date
- Campaign End Date
- Campaign Daily Budget
- Campaign Total Budget
Campaign Overview Page
If a Campaign Name is clicked, the user will be taken to the LinkedIn Campaign Overview page. This is an overview of campaign metrics over a selected date range. The default for this report is the last 90 days, but any date range may be pulled.
- Impressions: The total sum of impressions delivered across tactics within the selected date cohort.
- Clicks: The total sum of clicks delivered across tactics within the selected date cohort.
- Click Through Rate: The percentage of all clicks delivered across tactics within the selected date cohort divided by all impressions delivered across tactics within the selected date cohort.
- Cost Per Thousand: The average CPM (Total Spend divided by (Impressions/1000) across tactics within the selected date cohort.
- Total Engagement: All member interactions with your ad, both chargeable and free.
- Conversions: The total number of times people took a desired action after clicking on or seeing your ad. When conversions can’t be attributed to individual members, group-level attribution or estimation may be used.
- Spend: Total dollars spent across the tactic within the selected date cohort.
Users can see top campaign engagement by engagement type. A complete list of Engagement Metrics can be found here.
Additionally, users can see Top Creative by Engagement, which shows a list of all creative used in this LinkedIn campaign. If the creative is Sponsored Content (single image, carousel, or video), the creative will hyperlink to a preview of the ad.
Campaign Details Page
The details tab to the right of the overview drills into campaign specifics such as:
- Link to edit campaign in LinkedIn
- Terminus Audience Details, which lists, by Audience Segment used:
- Audience Name: the name of the Terminus Audience Segment created in the Terminus platform.
- Status: the current status of your LinkedIn audience (this is sent directly from LinkedIn).
- Created: the date the Audience Segment was created.
- Audience Selection: the Terminus Audience Filters used to create the Audience Segment.
All reporting will now include legacy data from campaigns created prior to February 2021. Data will include:
- Total spend
- Top tactics and Top creatives (broken out by LinkedIn and LinkedIn Legacy)
Why do I see an ID instead of the Creative Name?
Not all LinkedIn creatives have an associated creative name, but they all have Creative/Asset IDs. This CreativeAsset IDs are provided via LinkedIn API.
Why do some creatives have hyperlinked previews and some do not?
Not all LinkedIn creatives (i.e. Conversation Ads) can be previewed. Those that can will have a preview URL.
Why do my numbers in Terminus not match my numbers in LinkedIn?
When date cohorts include the last 24-48hrs, reporting in the LinkedIn UI will be more up to date then reporting in the Terminus UI. Reporting inside LinkedIn (UI) is near real-time, but importing reporting data into Terminus is not.