Launching a Global Tactic
In order to set up a global (IP-based) tactic, you will follow the same process as a display tactic (step-by-step instructions for launching a display tactic can be found here, as a reminder).
For IP-based tactics:
- Click on the “New Campaign/New Tactic” button, which is accessible on all of the main sections of the TerminusAd Experiences navigation. After clicking on the "New Campaign/New Tactic” button, you will navigate to the Create Campaign page.
- Click on "Global Targeting".
- Once you have clicked on "Global Targeting", you can begin building your new campaign/tactic. Your Audience Source will be The Data Studio.
- You can build your audience from any of the Global Filters in Data Studio, such as Opportunity Stage, Firmographics, Intent, or Engagement data.
- On the Audience Targeting page, you define which countries within your target accounts will be served ads from this tactic.
- In this step, you will input additional information to control the spend and run time for your advertising tactic.
- Budget – You are required to select a daily budget for the tactic, and you also have the option to set a total budget. You can also set a per-account spend limit on each tactic. To do this, or to get recommendations on budgeting, contact your Terminus CSM or reach out to email@example.com. Both daily budgets and total budgets can be adjusted, at the tactic-level, at any point while your tactic is running.
- Duration – You have the option set a specific end date for your tactic, or you can let it run "indefinitely," which means the tactic will run until it is paused or archived. Note: If you set a total budget and a specific end date, your tactic will stop running based on whichever setting is reached first.
- On the Creative Upload page, you will be able to upload ad creative files and associated landing page URLs. You will have the option to either upload new creatives, or re-use existing creatives from your Ad Library.
- Upload Creative - With this option, you will upload all the creative files for the different ad sizes you wish to use directly from your computer. Check out our Ad Creative Guidelines for more information on our recommended and supported ad sizes, as well as accepted file formats. You will also be asked to include the destination URL for each ad, which is the landing page you want people to direct to when they click on the ad. Note: We support the use of UTM parameters as well as custom tracking URLs.
- Browse Ad Library – To use ad creatives that have been previously uploaded, click on "Browse Ad Library." From there, you will be able to search and select ads from your Terminus Ad Library. The ads can be filtered by name and size and can be sorted by newest/oldest (date uploaded).
- In this last step, you will have the option to review all your selections, including the name of the campaign, the audience and targeting options, and other settings such as budget and ad creative, before you submit your tactic.
- Once you've reviewed all of your settings, hit the "Submit" button - this will automatically initiate the launch process. This automated process can take up to 3-4 business days to begin serving impressions, depending on the time of day your tactic is submitted. During this time, your tactic will show a status of "running".
If you need to make any of the following edits or changes to an international tactic after it has been launched, please allow at least 24 hours for changes to propagate throughout the platform:
- Changing tactic flight dates (start & end dates)
- Changing budgets
- Adding or removing new creative files
- Editing creative landing pages
- Pause a running tactic
- Restart a completed tactic
Archiving a Global Tactic
Archiving a global tactic can be beneficial when you no longer need specific tactics and want to stop seeing them in your active view. Archiving allows for an effective way to ‘clean up’ tactics without losing vital performance reporting data. In order to archive a tactic, please follow the below instructions:
Click on the tactic that you would like to archive.
On the right-hand side of the screen, click the expand button to view the tactic's settings. Then, click on the "Edit" button.
Once inside the Tactic Settings section, click the "Archive Tactic" button.
Select "Archive" from the Archive Tactic pop-up box. The purpose of archiving is to remove old unused tactics from your view. Before archiving any tactic, make sure that you don't want it to run again. If you plan on restarting a tactic in the future, we recommend ending your tactics rather than archiving them. Once a tactic is archived, it cannot be undone.
The global tactic's status will change to "Archiving."
Once archived (approximately 24 hours after requesting to archive the tactic), your tactic will be moved to the "Archive" tab on the Campaign Overview page. This tab will show all previously archived tactics under the "Global Targeting" tab.
Please note the below once a campaign tactic is archived:
- All of the detailed reporting page(s) will still be accessible.
- A tactic cannot be ‘unarchived’ or copied once it is archived.