Launching a Global Campaign
In order to set up a global (IP-based) campaign, you will follow the same process as a display campaign (step-by-step instructions for launching a display tactic can be found here, as a reminder).
For IP-based campaign:
- Click on the “Create Campaign” button, which is accessible on all of the main sections of the TerminusAd Experiences navigation. After clicking on the "Create Campaign” button, you will navigate to the Create Campaign page.
- Select "Global Targeting" and hit "Get Started":
- Once you have clicked on "Global Targeting", you can begin building your new campaign/tactic. Your Audience Source will be The Data Studio.
- You can build your audience from any of the Global Filters in Data Studio, such as Opportunity Stage, Firmographics, Intent, or Engagement data.
- On the Audience Targeting page, you define which countries within your target accounts will be served ads from this campaign.
In this step, you will input additional information to control the spend and run time for your advertising campaign.
- Budget – You are required to select a daily budget for the campaign, and you also have the option to set a total budget. You can also set a per-account spend limit on each campaign. To do this, or to get recommendations on budgeting, contact your Terminus CSM or submit a ticket here on the Terminus Support Portal. Both daily budgets and total budgets can be adjusted, at the campaign-level, at any point while your ad is running.
- Duration – You have the option set a specific end date for your ad, or you can let it run "indefinitely," which means the ad will run until it is paused or archived. Note: If you set a total budget and a specific end date, your campaign will stop running based on whichever setting is reached first.
- On the Creative Upload page, you will be able to upload ad creative files and associated landing page URLs. You will have the option to either upload new creatives, or re-use existing creatives from your Ad Library.
- Upload Creative - With this option, you will upload all the creative files for the different ad sizes you wish to use directly from your computer. Check out our Ad Creative Guidelines for more information on our recommended and supported ad sizes, as well as accepted file formats. You will also be asked to include the destination URL for each ad, which is the landing page you want people to direct to when they click on the ad. Note: We support the use of UTM parameters as well as custom tracking URLs.
- Browse Ad Library – To use ad creatives that have been previously uploaded, click on "Browse Ad Library." From there, you will be able to search and select ads from your Terminus Ad Library. The ads can be filtered by name and size and can be sorted by newest/oldest (date uploaded).
- In this last step, you will have the option to review all your selections, including the name of the campaign, the audience and targeting options, and other settings such as budget and ad creative, before you submit your ad.
- Once you've reviewed all of your settings, hit the "Submit" button - this will automatically initiate the launch process. This automated process can take up to 3-4 business days to begin serving impressions, depending on the time of day your tactic is submitted. During this time, your tactic will show a status of "running".
If you need to make any of the following edits or changes to an international campaign after it has been launched, please allow at least 24 hours for changes to propagate throughout the platform:
- Changing campaign flight dates (start & end dates)
- Changing budgets
- Adding or removing new creative files
- Editing creative landing pages
- Pause a running campaign
- Restart a completed campaign
Archiving a Global Campaign
Archiving a global ad can be beneficial when you no longer need specific campaigns and want to stop seeing them in your active view. Archiving allows for an effective way to ‘clean up’ campaigns without losing vital performance reporting data. In order to archive a campaign, please follow the below instructions:
- Click on the ellipsis to the right of the campaign that you would like to archive, and select archive:
- The purpose of archiving is to remove old unused campaigns from your view. Before archiving any campaign, make sure that you don't want it to run again. If you plan on restarting a campaign in the future, we recommend ending your campaigns rather than archiving them. Once a campaign is archived, it cannot be undone. To archive it, hit confirm.
- The global tactic's status will change to "Archiving."
- Once archived (approximately 24 hours after requesting to archive the tactic), your tactic will be moved to the "Archive" section on the Campaign Overview page. To view this, select the Archived option from the left filter panel.
Please note the below once a campaign is archived:
- All of the detailed reporting page(s) will still be accessible.
- A campaign cannot be ‘unarchived’ or copied once it is archived.