Creating LinkedIn Audiences
Creating audiences inside of Terminus allows for dynamic lists to be used across the full suite of LinkedIn ad types. To create an audience:
- Click on the "New Campaign/New Tactic” button. This will take you to the "Create Campaign" page.
- Click on the LinkedIn Audiences button.
- Click on "Get Started".
- At this time, you can rename your audience by clicking the edit button in the top left side of the page. You can also add a description of your audience. If you do not add a name before you save an audience, a default name will be assigned as "LinkedIn Audience [creation date]". This name can be updated at any time.
- Using the Global Filters drop down menu, choose your options to define the rules for your audience. The Global Filters dropdown will also allow you to choose from an existing Account List already created in Data Studio. You may also add additional "AND/OR" rules to further define your audience. When you are finished, click "save".
- You are now ready to publish. You may also choose to discard your audience segment, if you need to make changes. To publish, click the "Publish" button.
Once your audience segment has been published, you will be taken to the Campaign Overview page. You will see a list of all audience segments created. Information available includes:
- Audience Name: the name of the audience; primarily used to make it easier to reference an audience and to recall its purpose.
- Description: the description of the audience segment created.
- Status: the current status of your LinkedIn audience (this is sent directly from LinkedIn).
- Source: the source will always be Terminus (Data Studio).
- Destination: the source will always be LinkedIn.
- Matched Accounts: this is based on data collection by LinkedIn for a rolling seven-day window. It is not a current total count of matched accounts, only the net change over the past 7 days.
- Audience Size : the current approximate count of Members within the LinkedIn Audience
- Created Date: when the audience segment was created.
- Last Modified: when the audience segment was last edited.
You will also be able to see the LinkedIn status of your audience segment. Status definitions include:
- Pending: The audience segment has been created and Terminus is in the process of pushing it over to LinkedIn. Allow up to 24 hours for the audience segment to reach LinkedIn.
- Building: The segment is being processed and can’t be used yet. Allow 48 hours (on a rare occasion, longer) for processing.
- Ready: Your segment has been fully processed and is available for use within a campaign.
- Updating: Edits to your list are in process. Allow 48 hours (on a rare occasion, longer) for the updates to process.
- Failed: There are problems with the list you uploaded or the segment you pushed from your data integration provider. If you have a data integration provider, please work with them to resolve the issue.
- Audience Too Small: The segment has been processed and the audience is below 300 members, which is too small to be used in ad campaigns. Add more companies or emails to your segment.
- Archived: The segment has not been used in an active campaign in the past 30 days. Your segment can be reactivated by adding it to a live campaign. Allow 48 hours for the audience to re-process.
- Expired: The segment has not been edited or used in an active or draft campaign in the past 90 days. The data is no longer available. You may edit your expired list to make it useable in campaigns.
For more information on LinkedIn status definitions and more, please reference this article.
Editing Audience Segments Inside Terminus
Audience segments can be updated at any time within the Ad Experiences tool. To update an audience:
- On your Campaign Overview page, click on the audience you wish to edit.
- Using the rule builder, make any edits you need to the audience segment. When you are finished, click "save" and then "publish". Any campaigns using this edited audience will continue to run on the previously defined rules until the edits are live in LinkedIn - up to 72 hours. Once the edited audience is built, the campaign will run with the updated audience.
Disabling or Enabling Audience Segments
Users can also disable a LinkedIn audience segment within the Terminus platform or re-enable that same audience. Once a segment is disabled, Terminus stops dynamically syncing the audience segment with LinkedIn. The associated segment in LinkedIn will continue to operate as designed, unless intentionally removed from their platform.
Disabling an audience in Terminus does NOT remove it from campaigns in LinkedIn - this needs to be done inside the LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
If a segment is re-enabled, the audience will begin the ‘building’ process again and dynamically sync accordingly.
If you have any questions or need assistance with getting set up using LinkedIn, please submit a ticket through the Terminus Support Portal.