As of May 2021, Terminus is an official ISV partner on the Salesforce App Exchange. With this update, we're now able to deploy the latest enhancements to our Salesforce package faster, and without any additional action needed from our customers.
There are two installation paths for the Terminus Insights package, depending on whether you have an older version already installed, or if you have not previously installed one.
Installing the Terminus Insights Package
A. If you have not installed a Terminus Package before, please follow the steps outlined in this article.
B. If you have previously installed an older (unmanaged) version of the packages (formerly Sales Insights, and/or Account Insights), please follow the instructions below.
Customers who previously installed our unmanaged Salesforce packages for Terminus Engagements (formerly Sales Insights), and Account Insights are not required to take further action at this time, and are not in danger of losing any functionality in the packages they've already installed.
However, if existing customers wish to take advantage of the benefits of the new managed package, (including planned future enhancements to the package, and the ability to grant Terminus access to help troubleshoot), they can follow the implementation steps in this article.
Some notes on migrating packages over:
- The components of the managed package, including all data points and custom reports, are the same as the old, unmanaged package
- While it is recommended, you are not required to uninstall the old packages before you install the new version. In the scenario where both the old package and the new package exist, the new package will receive the primary source of data, and Terminus will not update any new data in the existing, unmanaged package.
- The managed package will create a new set of fields for Terminus Engagements when installed. These are the fields that will populate with data once installed. The old fields from the unmanaged "Sales Insights" package will no longer update. If you have both versions of the package installed, make sure to edit Account Layouts and any workflows or reports that rely on the Engagement fields to the new set of fields. The managed package fields are labeled with a new API name: "terminus_mktg".
Steps to Update Your Terminus Salesforce Package
1. Uninstall “Terminus Sales Insights” and “Terminus Account Insights” Packages
- In Salesforce, go to Setup > Installed Packages > Package Name > Uninstall
- This will remove all components of the packages from your Salesforce instance. If you wish to retain the data, we recommend saving a backup. If your Salesforce has fields/automations/reports that rely on the Terminus fields, you can skip this step and uninstall once you have fully migrated to the new fields.
2. Install the Terminus Insights Package
- To install the new Terminus Insights managed package, follow the steps in this article.
- If you completed Steps 1 and 2, you are done! If you skipped Step 1, and now have both versions of the packages installed, please continue to Step 3.
3. Update “Terminus Engagements” fields
- The fields you are using for Terminus Engagements (formerly Sales Insights) will need to be updated to the latest version for the managed package. All field display names are identical. The new fields are noted with API field name including “terminus_mktg”. On all account layouts and custom reports you have made, the fields from Terminus Sales Insights will need to be replaced with the new “terminus_mktg” fields.
|Old API Name||New API Name|
- The New Terminus package will create a new reports folder for “TerminusReports” that automatically use the new fields. If you have both packages installed at once, you will have two folders with this name. Only the newer reports will be updated once the managed package is installed.
- Once you install the new managed package, The Terminus Engagements fields will start to populate with data as new events occur on accounts. Over time, more data will populate. Please note that these are new fields and we will not expect them to populate with historical data. They will only start publishing new events beginning with the date you installed the new package.
- If desired, Terminus can populate all accounts with data on the fields as of the time that the managed package was installed. If you wish to do this, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.