In order to use this feature, you must have access to Digital Attribution as part of your Terminus subscription.
To learn more about Digital Attribution implementation, check out these related article:
Terminus’s Digital Attribution leverages website tagging, UTM parameters, and your Terminus CRM integration to provide visibility into the digital sources that are driving outcomes like engagement and conversions on your website. With Digital Attribution, Terminus customers can better understand the conversion path - from how people are finding their content, to the channels that are driving people back to their website - and gain insight into what digital channels are contributing to the most engagement and conversion activity.
Terminus’s Digital Attribution reporting can be used to answer questions like:
- How are people finding my content?
- What channels are driving people back to my website / content?
- Which specific channels are the most effective at driving users to content assets, and yielding conversions?
- Which digital channels and campaigns influence the most pipeline and revenue?
- Which ungated website pages are driving awareness within an account?
- What digital channels should I be investing more / less in?
The Web Activities Trending report is part of the Digital Attribution reporting suite. Similar to the Campaign Trends report, it allows users to analyze the impact of different digital traffic sources on key performance metrics over time, and compare outcomes against historical performance.
The Web Activities Trending report can be found under the “Digital Attribution” report list, within the Measurement Studio navigation.
The report is comprised of three main sections:
- The trends graph: A visual representation of change over time, based on your selected metric, and the additional report settings you select.
- The trending performance table: A numerical report of change over time in the primary “Metric” selected, and based on the “Cohort”, “Interval”, and “Benchmark” selected.
- And, the trend comparison table: A breakdown of the impact particular UTM sources had on the Metric you selected, within your selected reporting timeframe.
Within the Campaign Trends report, users have the ability to adjust the following settings:
- Cohort: Used to determine the desired timeframe you want to view data and trends for
- Metric: Used to determine the primary metric that you want to analyze trending data for. Field options include:
- Responses: The number of valid campaign member responses (from your Terminus-connected CRM and/or marketing automation platform) with UTM activity, within the specified date cohorts.
- Influenced Opportunities: The number of unique opportunities with at least one campaign response with UTM activity in the selected cohort. An opportunity can be open, closed won, or closed lost.
- Influenced Deals: The number of unique closed-won opportunities with at least one campaign response with UTM activity in the selected cohort.
- Attributed Pipeline: The total attributed value of responses with UTM activity associated with any campaign that occurred from lead acquisition to opportunity creation date. An opportunity can be open, closed won, or closed lost.
- Attributed Revenue: The total attributed value of responses with UTM activity associated with any campaign from lead acquisition to opportunity close date, on closed won opportunities.
- Influenced Pipeline: The unique pipeline value of all opportunities that have at least one campaign response with UTM activity prior to opportunity creation date.
- Influenced Revenue: The unique revenue value of all closed won deals that have at least one campaign response with UTM activity prior to opportunity close date.
- Interval: Used to determine the reporting interval reflected in the graph, and the trending performance and comparison tables. Time units can be set to weeks, months, or “auto” which will auto-select the best option, based on the Cohort you select.
- Attribution Model: Allows users to layer in different marketing attribution models, including:
- All Influence: Considers all responses from campaigns with UTM activity that happened either pre- or post-opportunity creation.
- First Touch: Considers responses from campaigns with UTM activity that were the first marketing activity before an opportunity was created.
- Last Touch: Considers responses from campaigns with UTM activity that were the last marketing activity before an opportunity was created.
- Campaigns That: Used to determine which marketing campaigns with UTM activity will be evaluated in the report. These options include:
- Have Activity in this Cohort: Campaigns with UTM activity and campaign members that have a "responded" status that occurred in the Cohort you selected. This option provides the widest set of data looking at all campaigns in your CRM and all campaign members with a "responded" status in the chosen cohort.
- Influenced opportunities created in this cohort: Campaigns with UTM activity where there are campaign members with responded statuses that correspond to accounts with opportunities that have an open date or create date in the cohort selected.
- Influenced opportunities that have a close date in this cohort: Campaigns with UTM activity where there are campaign members with responded statuses that correspond to accounts with opportunities with a close date in the chosen cohort. This could include closed opportunities (won or lost) or opportunities with a future close date in the selected cohort.
- Benchmark: Allows users to compare current performance against historical performance. These options include:
- Previous Cohort: Compares the selected time frame to the same amount of time directly preceding it (Ex: Q1 2020 compared to Q4 2019).
- Previous Year: Performance for the selected time frame compared to the same time frame from the previous year (Ex: Q1 2020 vs. Q1 2019)
- Goal: Allows users to set a target for the selected Metric, and track progress towards that goal overtime.
- None: No comparison.
Web Activities Trending Dashboard Tile
The data from the Web Activities Trending report can also be represented within your Terminus Dashboards, via the Digital Conversion Trends dashboard tile.
The settings on this tile will mirror the settings in the Web Activities Trending report itself. The tile can be added to a dashboard via the Dashboards page, or directly from the report.
Using Global Filters
By default, the Web Activities Trending report will show data for all campaigns with UTM activity associated with the selected Metric, and the additional reporting cohorts you select (like “Campaigns That,” and time frame “Cohort”).
However, if you want to compare campaign performance for specific segments of accounts, you can also apply global filters to this report. For example, if I wanted to analyze campaign trends across a specific account list, you could filter by account list:
In this example, you’d only be reviewing performance for campaigns with UTM and activity and responses from leads or contacts associated with the accounts in this list.
Some additional use cases for applying global filters could include:
- Filtering by campaign type(s) to see how how specific programs or channels are performing
- Filtering by specific opportunity types to see how coverage on specific types of deals is trending (new business, expansion, renewals)
- Filtering by Terminus firmographics (Employee Range, Revenue Range, Industry) to see how coverage is trending in specific account segments
Article is closed for comments.