To use this feature, you must have “Contextual Targeting” as part of your Terminus Ad Experiences subscription. For more information regarding your current plan, please consult with your Customer Success Manager.
Contextual Targeting Overview
Customization is critical to any great digital advertising campaign. Contextual targeting leverages a collection of keywords and phrases that scan ad site placements for textual content. This allows for your ads to be delivered across an infinite palette of content, and serve beside relevant browsing topics for your target audience.
Contextual targeting can be used to support a number of advertising strategies, including:
- Targeting accounts that are researching specific topics or solutions associated with your brand.
- Targeting accounts that are researching and reading content about competitors.
- Blocking your ads from serving on content with specific keywords or phrases.
Here’s an example of what a contextual targeting ad could look like:
Google Adwords is a great place to start pulling your keywords from. In most cases, you’re paying to surface on search for these keywords so they’re highly relevant to your brand. Another great source is Google Search Console. Search Console is great because it showcases terms people are searching for to hit your website. It can often be helpful in finding terms or phrases you would not have originally thought of. Also, one important note is character for keywords is 50 characters.
*NOTE: We are currently working to incorporate this feature directly into our platform interface. In the meantime, please use our support request form if you wish to launch an advertising tactic using contextual targeting, and select the following options:
- Request Type: Ad Experiences - Custom Campaign Targeting
- Custom Campaign Request: Add Contextual Targeting to a Campaign
- Upload a .CSV list of the keywords you wish to apply to the tactic. In the request, please also note which tactic(s) the titles should be applied to.