- The Terminus Platform API functionality for Account List interactions is available to all Terminus customers with account list management within Data Studio.
Article quick links:
API Offering Overview: Account List Interactions
Our latest enhancements to the Terminus Platform API allow you to deliver a more consistent experience to your target accounts, and help you drive tighter alignment between your go-to-market teams.
Data Studio customers can now use the API to create Account Folders and Account Lists, and add or remove accounts from a list inside the Terminus platform, or push Account List membership details back into an external system for broader visibility.
While the Advertising Performance & Website Engagement offering involves the ability to schedule a bulk export of your Terminus data, this enhancement to the API offering introduces direct object interactions.
Accessing the Developer Portal
Terminus’s developer documentation will be made publicly accessible at developer.terminus.com.
Additional details about the portal:
- The developer portal is where we will document our key API usage scenarios for interacting with the Terminus Platform API
- The portal will include documentation for all of our publicly available API endpoints
- The portal includes tactical instructions for things like authentication details, error response codes, and how to address errors, and is intended to be an interactive portal for our developer end users
- The portal includes dynamic code samples in a number of programming languages
Documentation in the portal can be accessed using the search bar, or by clicking on the Docs link directly from the homepage.
Key Feature Callouts
The Terminus API uses API keys for authentication. Reach out to the Terminus Support team by submitting a ticket through the Terminus Support Portal, with a request for "Terminus Platform API Key - Account Lists" to have your organization's unique API key generated.
- If you have already received an API key for Bulk Exports, you will still need to request a new API key for Account Lists.
- If you are a new customer and have not received an API key for either Bulk Exports or Account List interactions, please submit a ticket through the Terminus Support Portal with a general request for "Terminus Platform API Key”
It is generally recommended to record the error that you receive along with the Request ID so that you have them to reference when contacting our Support Team. Please see the Request ID section below for further details.
Account List Interactions
Creating saved Account Lists in Data Studio unlocks several benefits for our users, including:
- The ability to launch personalized and coordinated campaigns across our advertising, web, chat, and email marketing experiences, to those specific accounts
- Pushing account list membership to Salesforce for sales visibility, and external marketing campaign execution
- Filtering your Measurement Studio reports by activity in your key segments
- And, monitoring trends and measuring the true impact of your efforts across the buyer’s or customer’s journey in ABM Scorecard and Trending Scorecard
Terminus users may also want to share their Terminus Account List membership details with external systems, like their marketing automation provider, data warehouses or BI tools, and CRMs, to orchestrate multi-channel campaigns, and to increase visibility of their target account programs with their organization.
The Account List APIs allow users to do just that - manage Account Lists, Account List Folders, and Accounts on Account Lists for programmatic interactions, including synchronizing Account List membership with external applications.
With the Account Lists API, users can also create and manage account lists inside of the Terminus platform, creating tighter alignment between their most important systems.
The available interactions for this API include:
- GET All Folders
- GET All Account Lists
- GET All Accounts on an Account List
- CREATE Account List Folder
- CREATE Account Lists
- ADD Account(s) to an Account List
- REMOVE Accounts(s) from an Account List
To learn more about these endpoints, please reference the Terminus Developer portal.
Feature Use Cases
While a developer or technical resource will typically be configuring these API interactions, there are also plenty of benefits for Terminus platform users. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Import Terminus account lists into a BI tool or data warehouse for deeper analysis
- Marketing Operations and Analytics teams are often tasked with consolidating data from disparate systems, which can make telling a cohesive story of performance both time consuming, and challenging. With the Terminus API, you can send your target account lists directly to a BI tool or data warehouse, so your data teams know exactly what accounts to focus on when conducting their analysis across multiple data sources.
Remove or add accounts in an existing account list in Terminus based on external changes
- Account lists created in Data Studio are currently static; meaning, when a list is created, the accounts in that list will not change unless they are manually removed or added by a user. While this was intentionally designed, we understand that some users may want to take a more programmatic approach to account list management. With the Account Lists API, users can add or remove accounts from a Terminus list as they’re updated in your external system to help ensure account list continuity across both your Terminus and external programs.
Launch “surround sound” marketing campaigns using a single account list
- When it comes to ABM, putting in the time and work to find your right fit accounts, aligning your team on those accounts and rallying around a single strategy are just a few parts of the equation. From there, it’s all about getting the attention of the key stakeholders within these right-fit accounts, no matter where they consume information. Using the Account Lists API, users can orchestrate a surround sound approach across their Terminus and external campaigns to deliver the best experience to their prospects and customers.
Can the Account Lists API be used to create or delete account records in my instance of Data Studio, or elsewhere?
- No; as this API will be centered on Account Lists, this will not be an “Account API”. In other words, we are not enabling full C/R/U/D scenarios (Create, read, update and delete) on individual Accounts in Terminus with this feature.