You will need to have access to the Terminus Chat feature to use this guide. If you do not have access to Terminus Chat, please reach out to your CSM to discuss your packaging.
The Terminus Hubspot integration allows you to:
- Automatically create new contacts to Hubspot from Chat.
- Import Hubspot lists for increased personalization and segmentation.
- Sync Hubspot lists into Chat Playbooks, to provide relevant Bots.
- Use Hubspot account/contact owners to route chat conversations to the correct ADR.
Setting up your Integration
1. In the Terminus Administration panel, navigate to the integrations set up and select Setup on the Hubspot integration.
- Log in to Hubspot using a Hubspot Administrator account ID.
- If you have multiple Hubspot accounts, you will need to select which instance you want Terminus Chat to connect to.
- Select the “Connect App” button between Terminus and Hubspot.
5. Once you have connected your Hubspot instance to Terminus, you can now start to configure the details of what you want to share between the systems. This is done in the configuration screen.
a. You have the option to create contacts in Hubspot automatically. Terminus Chat gives you the ability to automatically create those prospects for only missed chats, only answered chats or both.
Terminus chat will not add duplicate prospects in Hubspot and determines duplicates based on the email address collected. However, if lead qualification is a concern, we advise that in lieu of automatically creating contacts and leads, using Terminus Playbooks (see below) will allow you to add conditional logic around which leads and contacts you decide to send to Hubspot.
NOTE: Hubspot requires an email address in order to create a Contact.
b. The Contact Owner field allows you to assign an owner to the Contact record created in Hubspot.
c. You will need to define whether or not you want Terminus Chat to overwrite any existing contact detail collected through the course of the chat. When this is not enabled, if the information is already available in Hubspot, Terminus will not overwrite that detail.
d. Custom Data Mapping options allow users to sync data between Chat Experiences and Hubspot. This information could be useful in a Chat conversation to improve personalization and avoid asking for data that you already have. This information could be useful to Hubspot for campaign membership purposes. To sync information, you will need to:
i. Define the type of data
ii. Relate it to the Terminus Data Ask (you must have a Data Element set up to collect and share information).
iii. All data will be sent via the Hubspot Lead object.
iv. Define the specific field the data will be synced to.
e. ABM Chat Routing allows for chats to be routed based on the account owner assigned in Hubspot.
f. Finally, you will need to relate the Terminus user to the corresponding Hubspot user for the assignment to be made.
Once the connection between Terminus Chat and HubSpot has been made, Chat interactions will appear on the contact record within HubSpot. Chats will show as timeline events on the Contact record but need to be enabled in order for them to display.
1. From a Contact, click the Filter Activity at the top of the page and select “Terminus Chat” from the options under the Integrations section.
2. Now a history of Chat interactions will appear within the Contact timeline with a link to the Chat conversation within Terminus.
Syncing Contact Lists
Chat Experiences can sync both Active and Static Lists from Hubspot every 24 hours. Users also can force a manual sync, which can be helpful if a large-scale change has been made to lists and you would like that information to be immediately available to your Chat Experience.
Prospect Lists in Playbooks Targeting
Prospect Lists can be used to power Targeting in Playbooks. When a visitor arrives that is a member of a Hubspot List, different Playbooks can be triggered to provide a more personalized experience. One or multiple HubSpot lists can be used when targeting from within a Playbook.
Suppose you do not want every lead received in Chat Experiences to sync to Hubspot. In that case, you can use Playbook bots or have users manually send over leads via a “sync button” available in the user interface. This feature allows you to validate some of the information provided before creating a Contact.
Syncing Contacts via Playbook Bot
Terminus Playbooks give you the ability to automate portions of a chat conversation for a fast response for the website visitor, to qualify the website visitor, or to provide a personalized conversation experience. You can also use a bot to automate specific prospects' syncing based on information collected to leverage automation and still maintain a higher quality of lead syncing.
To use this feature, you will need to be using the Terminus Playbooks functionality.
- You will need to use a Data Ask to collect the visitor’s email address as a part of the conversation. Email address is the only required field for creating a contact in Hubspot.
- Once you have collected the email address, you can use a logic or concluding play to trigger the push to Hubspot. In the concluding play configuration screen, you will need to:
a. Toggle the “Push to Hubspot” option to on.
b. Select the correct own for the contact in Hubspot
Pro-Tip: Assigning Contacts to Reps
In order to assign the contact to a specific rep in Hubspot, you will need to create rules in your play to make the assignment. For example, if you would like all North American contacts to be assigned to a specific rep, you may make a rule that looks like this the following.
Alternatively, you could simply assign all contacts to a single user in Hubspot and use Hubspot to manage the contact assignment.
Syncing Prospects via Rep
Reps can also send chats to Hubspot as contacts.
- In the info panel in the rep chatting experience, you will now see the Hubspot section. If the contact has not been created or synced before, you will see the option to “Create Contact.”
- If you know that that contact does exist in Hubspot, or if you are unsure, you will select “Link to existing Hubspot Contact” and begin typing the contact name in the Contact box. You will also see the Synced Data in the section below.
- If you know the contact does not exist in Hubspot, or if you are unable to locate a contact, you will change your selection to “Create new Hubspot Contact” and fill out the known contact information which will now be represented in Hubspot as a contact.
Remember: Hubspot requires an email address to create the contact.