Below is a list of common HTML5 errors and how to solve them.
ClickTag script not found
The Tradedesk requires a compatible clicktag to be installed on each creative submitted in order for it to be clickable. Instructions on how to add appropriate clicktags are available in each html5 guide.
- Ensuring BannerSnack HTML5 Compatibility With Terminus
- Ensuring Google Web Designer HTML5 Compatibility With Terminus
- Ensuring Adobe Animate CC HTML5 Compatibility With Terminus
No valid ad dimensions found in 'as.size' meta tag
To pass validation on the Terminus platform, each creative will need a meta tag that declares the creatives dimensions. The meta tag format can also be found in the guides above - <meta name="ad.size" content="width=W,height=H">.
- Its placement can vary based on the program used to create html5 but it will typically be placed with other meta tags.
Bannersnack is the only tool that will automatically install a dimensions meta tag in each creative. The other tools require the meta tag be placed and the values entered.
No html files present at root level
When zipping html5 creatives together, the html file can be placed within another file or zipped by itself. This will cause the error to appear.
- The following instructions are available in each of the html5 guides - "Zip the .html , .js and images folder together, DO NOT zip the files as a folder underneath a folder, the .html needs to be on the root level of the zip directory. "