Terminus Chat from Anywhere is a powerful feature that allows users to initiate a new chat conversation from any digital medium that can link to a webpage. This could include digital content, digital advertising, social campaigns, email signatures, PowerPoint presentations, and custom web experiences.
Setting up Chat from Anywhere
Before getting started with Chat for Anywhere, you will need to set up routing groups that can be used for each link you create, to ensure your chats will be routed to the correct team members or groups.
To set up Chat from Anywhere you will need to:
- Create the Chat from Anywhere links for your general campaigns, and then for your specific team members.
- Add the Chat from Anywhere code to a webpage where the referring URLs will be pointed to.
Creating Chat from Anywhere Links
From Admin Settings, navigate to Links & Website Chat:
Select the caret on the "Create New Website Site” button, and choose “Create New Link”:
From there, you'll be navigated to the Chat from Anywhere configuration page. Here, you will decide what name will display when a chat window is shown.
- For a general link, you should include your company name or reference your team name
- For individual links, you may decide to show a rep’s name or a department
Example of how this is displayed on the chat window:
As part of the setup, you'll have the option to create a vanity URL for your website link, which allows you to show a branded or custom domain link on your content. To create a vanity URL, click on the "Claim Vanity Link" button in the top right corner of the application, and enter your desired URL:
Note: If you want to route a chat to an individual, you will need to create a routing group for them. It is also a best practice to create a chatbot for individual links to take a message when they are unavailable.
Within Chat from Anywhere setup, users can then select several general options for website chat behavior, including:
- Theme: Allows you to select preset color and styling options for your chat experience. Themes are created in the “Themes” section of the Administrative menu.
- Landing Page Type: Allows you to create Conversational Landing Pages.
- Chat Completion Action: Once a chat ends, users have two options for how this will display to visitors:
- When you select “Display Missed or End Messages in Chat,” the visitor will be allowed to leave a post-chat message within the text area at the bottom of the engagement window.
- By picking “Display Missed or End Pages” the visitor will see a special, branded form (created in the theme builder) to leave a message in.
- Ask for Data On End: When a visitor or rep ends the chat experience, users can present Data Asks™ to collect additional information, like their email address or their name.
- Tooltip Message On End: This option will display a message to the user when they end the chat if another action has been planned. It is most commonly used when a chat survey is launched upon chat close. Check out this article for more information on chat Tool Tips and Surveys.
- Ask For Data When Missed: When a chat is missed, you are able to ask the visitor to leave additional information about themselves, for example, a contact email or number you could use to reach out to them.
- Routing Message: Routing messages are a best practice for providing a customized experience to users when the routing activity is taking place. Examples might include “We are now connecting you to a team member...” or “Hold tight while we find someone…”
- End Chat Message: This option is used to provide a final message to a visitor as the chat comes to a close.
- Missed Chat Message: With this option, users can provide a message that will display to visitors in the event that the chat was not answered, either because of availability or because of routing challenges.
Embedding Chat from Anywhere on a Landing Page
Admins can deploy Chat from Anywhere by adding an HTML Body on a web page they own (recommended). This will need to be a unique placement for each instance of Chat from Anywhere.
Once this unique link has been claimed, the following code will need to be placed on the page you want your chat to live on. Once this has been applied, the Chat From Anywhere experience will appear on that landing page.
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1,
<!--These fields are for displaying ancillary text & images when linking... -->
<!-- Schema.org markup for Google+ -->
<meta itemprop="name" content="[Your Page Title]">
<meta itemprop="description" content="[Your Description]">
<meta itemprop="image" content="[Absolute Image URL]">
<!-- Twitter Card data -->
<meta name="twitter:card" content="[Twitter Card]">
<meta name="twitter:site" content="[@TwitterHandle] ">
<meta name="twitter:title" content="[Your Page Title]" ">
<meta name="twitter:description" content="[Your Page Description]">
<meta name="twitter:creator" content="[@Twitter Handle] ">
<!-- Twitter summary card with large image must be at least 280x150px -->
<meta name="twitter:image:src" content="[Absolute Image URL]">
<!-- Open Graph data -->
<meta property="og:title" content="[Your Page Title]" />
<meta property="og:type" content="website" />
<meta property="og:url" content="[Absolute URL]" " />
<meta property="og:image" content="[Absolute Image URL]" />
<meta property="og:description" content="[Your Description]" />
<meta property="og:site_name" content="[Your Site Name]" />
<meta property="fb:admins" content="[Your FB Admin]" />
<!-- THE FOLLOWING FIELDS ARE MANDATORY -->
<div id="chat-visitor" style="height: 100%" data-ramble-team="[Your Unique Link