PLEASE NOTE: With the release of the latest version of the Outlook Agent (v6.5) in August of 2023, disabling roaming signatures functionality and the steps outlined in this article are no longer required. Version 6.5 of the Outlook Agent supports signature management with roaming signatures enabled.
This article outlines how to add the DisableRoamingSignaguresTemporaryToggle Registry Key via Group Policy. This will temporarily halt the migration of employee email signatures to the cloud, so the ability to manage email signatures from Email Experiences remains intact.
Adding the Registry Key via Group Policy:
To disable the Outlook roaming signatures feature via Group Policy:
1. Log into your Domain Controller.
2. Open Group Policy Management:
3. Right-click the domain organizational unit and select Create a GPO in this domain and Link it here....
4. The New GPO window is displayed:
- In Name, enter the name of the new object as DisableOutlookRoamingSignature.
- Click OK to save the changes made, else click Cancel to close the window without creating the new object.
5. Right-click the new object and select Edit.
6. Now, from the Group Policy Management Editor, click User Configuration then click Preferences, then click Windows Settings then finally select Registry.
7. Right-click Registry, click New then select Registry Item, to create a new Registry.
8. Enter the following settings:
Key Path: Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Setup\
Value Name: DisableRoamingSignaturesTemporaryToggle
Value Type: REG_DWORD
- Click Apply then OK to save the changes and close the window.
Adding the Registry Key on an individual computer (manual)
To manually disable the Outlook roaming signatures feature:
1. Launch the RegEdit (Registry Editor).
2. Browse to:
3. Right-click anywhere on the left panel, select New then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
4. Enter the DWORD name as DisableRoamingSignaturesTemporaryToggle and press [Enter].
5. To edit the value, you can either right-click the DisableRoamingSignaturesTemporaryToggle and select Modify or double-click DisableRoamingSignaturesTemporaryToggle.
- In Value data, enter the value 1.
6. Click OK to save the changes and close the window.
7. Restart Outlook for the change to take effect.