In order to use this feature, you must have access to Data Studio as part of your Terminus subscription.
Additionally, a customer’s instance of Data Studio must be directly integrated with a CRM to be able to use this feature (See this section for further information).
Terminus Data Studio customers can easily build and manage their target accounts lists using data surfaced from their connected CRM and/or marketing automation platforms, right within the Account Hub.
While Data Studio’s in-platform segmentation capabilities are extremely powerful, some Terminus customers may already have target account lists built in an external system (like Salesforce, or your marketing automation platform), that they want to use to execute on their account-based initiatives.
For this reason, we’ve introduced the ability for Terminus users to upload static .CSV lists of account IDs directly into the Account Hub.
With this option, Data Studio users can easily load static account list segments created from any system, and measure the performance of these segments across the Terminus Measurement Studio.
Additionally, advertising customers leveraging our .CSV list upload option in the tactic builder, (who also have access to Data Studio), can now use this option to connect previously disparate advertising and account data under the Data Studio umbrella.
How to Import a .CSV List of Account IDs to the Account Hub
FEATURE NOTE: List-Based Hub Customers
In order to import accounts to Account Hub, the account list must contain Account IDs associated with your Data Studio-connected CRM. Customers currently leveraging our List-Based Data Studio option will not be able to use this feature, and will need to continue to use their existing account import method to make updates to their accounts in Data Studio.
- Accepted Account ID formats include: 15 and 18-digit Salesforce Account IDs, 36-digit Dynamics Account IDs
- The .CSV list you import needs to contain only Account IDs; Account Name and/or Domain are not necessary. The import also does not require a column header.
IMPORTING A LIST (NEW LIST)
The .CSV list import feature can be used to:
- Create a new account list in the Account Hub
- Replace members of an existing account list
- Add new members to an existing account list
- Delete members from an existing account list
To import a new list, first navigate to the “Manage Lists” button in the top right corner of the application:
Next, you’ll select the arrow next to the “Create New List” button, and select “Use CSV”:
Here, you’ll determine whether the desired action is to create a new list, or modify an existing list. If you want to create a net-new list, you’ll be asked to select the list folder you’d like your new list to live under, and provide a name for the list.
If your Account IDs column has a header, you can select the “Ignore first row option.” If the list has been successfully uploaded, you should see a confirmation message similar to this:
You should then be able to navigate to the selected account list folder, and find your uploaded account list.
If there was an error during list upload, it is likely due to one of these reasons:
- The “Ignore Header” button was not checked, and there was a header in the Account IDs column
- The file contains more than one column
- The file contains one or more invalid Account IDs
- The file is not in .CSV format
IMPORTING A LIST (MODIFY EXISTING LIST)
Selecting “Modify Existing List” will reveal three options:
- Merge: You wish add net new accounts to an existing list
- Replace: You want to replace all the accounts in an existing list with new accounts
- Delete: You want to remove the account in your import list from an existing account list
After selecting the list, and it’s associated folder, that you’d like to modify, you will be prompted to choose one of the three options, and then import the list.
Additional Feature Notes
- Just like account lists built directly in the Account Hub, imported lists will be static; meaning, list membership will not change unless you make manual changes to it.
- This feature does not replace our direct .CSV import option in the Advertising Experiences tactic builder. That feature is primarily leveraged by advertising customers who do not have access to Data Studio, or who previously wanted to source their account list from an external system.
- Just like lists built directly in the Account Hub, imported account lists can be used to launch advertising campaigns, using our Enhanced Audience Segmentation feature.
Feature Use Cases
Once a list has been imported to the Account Hub, you can use it to:
- Launch targeted display and social advertising campaigns
- Launch targeted web experience campaigns
- Report on pipeline performance and trends in ABM Scorecard
- Filter reporting views across the Terminus Measurement Studio
- View account list membership inside Salesforce, via Sales Insights
Can I use this feature to add new accounts to Data Studio that aren't in my CRM?
- No, this feature is designed to support Terminus account list creation and management, and cannot be used to ingest new account data into Data Studio.
Why does the number of imported accounts in Data Studio differ from the row count of my CSV?
- There’s a few potential causes for this:
- Not all of the account IDs contained in the CSV are valid account ID’s stored in Data Studio
- The CSV contains duplicate account IDs
- The CSV contains account IDs that already exist on the list you are trying to upload them to
Why won’t my CSV upload?
- Ensure that the file has only one column containing valid account IDs
- Ensure that the file is a valid comma-separated value file (CSV) and is not an unsupported file format (e.g. XLSX, XLSM, XLSB, XLS, XLT, TXT, TSV)
- If the CSV file has a column header, check the “Ignore first row” radio select
- If the CSV contains Salesforce CRM Account IDs, ensure that they are 18 digit case safe IDs, or 15-digit case sensitive values
Can I import a list that contains both 15 and 18-character account IDs?
- Yes, this is possible. However, we’d recommend importing lists of the same ID type.