These integration instructions provide the details about how to report Terminus web personalization events into Google Analytics via the Google Analytics Universal integration.
The integration between Terminus and Google Analytics follows a simple, 4-step process. To enable the connection and allow Terminus to send event reporting for web personalization into Google Analytics, follow the steps below.
Enabling the Connection
- Select "Connections" from the menu on the left side of the Terminus web personalization screen.
- Navigate to the Google Analytics Universal connection and click the green "Install" button that will appear when you hover over the connection.
- You will be asked to confirm that you would like to install the connection. Click "Yes."
- The GA Universal connection screen will open within the Terminus platform.
- You will need to give your connection a name. This is often something along the lines of "[Customer] Connection" but it could be whatever you'd like.
- Enable event tracking
- If you have a specific tracker that you’d like to use to collect and send the data to GA, you can enter that tracker ID in the field titled “Tracker Name”. If you do not have a tracker that you’d like to use, you can simply leave this field blank
Once complete, your connection screen will look similar to the example below:
After you have completed the Google Analytics Universal connection set up, save the connection.
Congratulations - you're done!
Your Terminus events will now begin pushing into your Google Analytics account.