In order to use this feature, you must have access to the Hub as part of your Terminus subscription, and be a Salesforce customer. Additionally, you must have Lead-to-Account mapping enabled in your instance of the Terminus Hub.
If you have any questions regarding your current subscription plan, please reach out to your Client Strategy Manager.
Terminus customers may have leads in their Salesforce instances that are engaging with marketing campaigns, but have not been converted and associated to an account as a contact. By default, marketing touches associated to a Lead record are not captured in our standard reporting. However, Terminus offers a solution that can be easily enabled called "Orphan Lead Finder."
This feature allows the Terminus platform to run a matching algorithm through your Salesforce lead records, and surfaces the marketing touches from these engaged leads within your instance of the Hub.
Salesforce customers also have the option to use this functionality to find account-to-lead relationships and write them back to your Salesforce instance, where you can then build custom reports and workflows to make sure every rep is thinking about the entire buying center for every account.
Installing the Package in Salesforce
The package creates a field called “Terminus Inferred Account” on the Lead object:
How this Feature Works
- After integrating your Salesforce instance with Terminus Hub (part of the Hub onboarding process), the Terminus system will calculate lead-to-account matching (via our matching algorithm) during our nightly data cycles.
- Once Lead-to-Account Mapping has been configured in the Hub, your settings and identified leads with inferred accounts can be reviewed in the Data Hygiene section of Terminus Hub (login required).
- After associating Lead records to an inferred Account record based on information available on the Lead record, Terminus Hub leverages its existing Salesforce OAuth to write an Account ID to the new Lead field in Salesforce once a night, replacing the values of the field
- The feature exclusively writes to the “Terminus Inferred Account” (Lead) column, and will not overwrite any other existing fields
- We recommend adding the “Terminus Inferred Account” field to your Standard and Lightning Lead object record layouts, so users can quickly see the corresponding Account records
- Be sure to double check which User Profiles have access to the modified layouts if you are having trouble with other users seeing the field in their views
Benefits of this Feature
- Stop sales development missteps. When a lead comes in, automatically show the Sales Development rep that it’s a member of an existing account already being worked, so they don’t strike a wrong chord with a message out of context.
- Easily attach people to the right accounts. Create Salesforce automation to convert leads that come in on target accounts automatically, or ease the manual process.
- Account intel for lead reps. Sales reps can use account engagement and intent trends to deliver personalized outreach to leads associated with target accounts.
- Prioritize leads from target accounts. If your reps are on a lead model, you can help them prioritize the right leads to reach out to based on “fit” criteria and account engagement signals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Terminus convert Salesforce leads to accounts for us?
- No; Terminus will not convert records in your Salesforce instance. This would have to be set up via your own Salesforce automation workflow.