Terminus has a Dropbox Business Account, where our team can create a shared folder and share that folder directly with your team. From here, the customer will be able to access the shared folder and upload the necessary files from their system.
A shared folder in Dropbox is any folder that you’ve invited other people to view or edit—even if they’re outside your team. Anyone with shared folder access can see all the files in that folder, but nothing else outside of that folder. Files in shared folders sync between members’ Dropbox accounts, so each member of a shared folder needs a Dropbox account.
You can leverage an already existing dropbox account or can register for a free Dropbox account here: https://www.dropbox.com/register
- Dropbox Account
- Access to the .CSV file to be shared with Terminus
How to Gain Access to the Shared Folder
1. Please provide your Technical Consultant with the email address of the dropbox account you will be uploading files from. The Technical Consultant can then create a Shared folder with this account
2. You will receive an email in your inbox which notifies the folder was shared with you. Please click the “Go to folder” button:
3. If you have not signed into your account, you will be prompted to sign in. Please sign into the correct account the folder has been shared with. You will then be prompted with a message. Please click the “Add to Dropbox” button:
4. The folder will now be accessible from your account and you will be able to upload the necessary files.
How To Upload
- Log into your Dropbox account at https://www.dropbox.com/login
- Navigate to the shared Terminus folder and locate the “Upload Files” button
- After clicking on the “Upload Files” button, please select and upload the data files that you will be sharing with Terminus.
- Upon a successful upload, you will see the file in the shared folder. At this point, Terminus will take the data files and import them into the Hub platform.