Customers leveraging our Salesforce integration with the Engage platform may, at some point, need to re-authenticate their connection for one of the following reasons:
- Their connection with their current SFDC instance has been disrupted/broken
- They need to re-authenticate with a new SFDC user
- They need to connect a different instance of SFDC with their Engage account
This article will cover instructions for the first two scenarios. If you need to connect your Engage instance with a different/new instance of SFDC, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Re-Authenticating an Expired SFDC Integration
If you receive the following message in your Engage instance (generally displayed at the tactic level):
Navigate to Settings > Integrations tab > Select the "Authenticate Salesforce" button, and follow the standard OAuth steps:
Once you've re-authenticated, you should see this updated message:
Re-Authenticating with a new SFDC User
If you need to re-authenticate the integration with a different SFDC user in your current instance, navigate to Settings > Integrations tab > Re-authenticate via the orange link:
If you need to verify who your original authenticating user was, or, if you need to break the current SFDC integration, you can follow these steps in your SFDC instance:
Navigate to Setup at the top right inside Salesforce
- On the left hand pane please click into the “Quick Find / Search”, paste in “Connected Apps OAuth Usage”
- Click “Connected Apps OAuth Usage”, on this page you should see a connected app called “MyTerminus”
- To the right of this you should see a column with “user count”, please click this underlined number and a user name will be displayed. Here, you can also revoke access for the connected user.
If you have additional questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.