Within the Terminus Engage platform, customers can orchestrate digital advertising campaigns from a central command center to move individuals through the buying journey.
Engage offers several levels of account-based reporting, including advertising engagement and website engagement. In this article, we'll walk you through some of the main reporting features available in Engage, and how you can export those reporting views for further analysis.
Campaign Overview (Advertising Engagement)
The Campaign Overview tab is your go-to view for high-level campaign and tactic reporting. On this single page you have the ability to assess high-level program metrics, tactic-level efficiency, and overall performance of advertising campaigns over a selected date range. Campaign Overview is primarily used by marketers/end users looking to assess overall ad campaign performance and do regular budget analysis.
Data from the Campaign Overview page can be easily exported to a .csv file for a desired date range (fixed or custom), and for different advertising channels (Terminus display, LinkedIn) and campaign statuses.
Users can also add and remove metric columns as desired from both the in-app view, as well as the .csv download. Scrolling horizontally in the data table will reveal any additional columns that are not visible in your desktop window.
When selecting a fixed date range (Quarter to Date, Last Full Month), your data will automatically update. However, if you selected "Custom Date", you will need to select the "Apply" button for the data to change.
Additionally, when selecting different status(es), channels, and additional columns, be sure to hit "Apply" to see data in the table change.
Once those selections have been made, you can then generate and download a .csv report. To generate the .csv, select the button. Once the report is ready to download, you should see the button change to , and your report will be automatically downloaded.
Tactic Detail Page (Advertising Engagement)
The Tactic Detail page provides more in-depth data on an individual advertising tactic, including account-level engagement. To navigate to this page, click on the "Tactic Name" link in Campaign Overview.
Below the tactic summary cards, you will see the default "Card View" for account-level advertising performance. This data can be viewed as a sortable table by toggling over to "Table View":
Within Table View, you can easily sort by the different metrics available, including:
- Expansion - options will be "Company", "Department" or "Seniority", based on your targeting selections and our data availability
- Reach - the number of user cookies associated with your target accounts that we were able to identify
- Impressions - the number of times users associated to a company have seen a Terminus ad
- Clicks - the number of times users associated to a company have clicked-through on a Terminus ad
- CTR - click-through-rate; the ratio of clicks to total impressions served
- CPM - cost-per-"mille", or one thousand impressions (*this is how Terminus advertising spend is calculated and billed)
- CPC - cost-per-click; total spend / total clicks
- Spend - total amount spent on advertising for that account
- On/Off - denotes whether the account in currently active (toggled green), has been manually turned off (toggled grey), is inactive (status = Inactive), or the account has progressed (status = progressed)
By default, the account-level data will appear for the "Lifetime" of the tactic. This data can also be filtered by specific date ranges by selecting the drop down option:
From here, you can select the "Save Page to CSV" button to download your report. If you do not see this button, try following these troubleshooting steps, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to assist further.
Aggregate Account Report (Advertising Engagement)
To report on account-level advertising engagement across multiple campaigns or tactics for a specific period of time, use the Aggregate Account Report. The Aggregate Account Report can be accessed from the "Dashboard" tab in the Engage navigation bar:
Within the report, you can view performance metrics for all accounts within your selected date range at the Detail View (tactic by tactic), or in an Aggregate View (account by account):
Detail View (separate line items, by tactic, for the same account)
Aggregate View (account performance data is aggregated across multiple tactics)
Once you have applied your desired reporting date range and view (detail vs. aggregate), you can have a .csv report sent directly to the email address associated to your user account. If you have not filtered this reporting by a specific account, the .csv will contain a line item for all accounts that were in a running advertising tactic for that date range, whether or not they had advertising engagement (impressions, clicks, etc.).
Visitor ID (Website Engagement)
In the "Site Visits" tab in the Engage navigation, you will be able to see which targeted and non-targeted accounts are engaging with your brand directly on your website, via Terminus's Visitor ID tool. This is some of the most powerful data in Terminus Engage, as it shows the impact of display as a channel and how it's helping to drive account-level engagement.
*Note: You will only see data in this view if you have installed your unique Visitor ID tracking script on your website.
Within Visitor ID, there are two main data categories - Targeted Account Visits (accounts that have been added to a Terminus advertising tactic), and Potential Account Visits (all other accounts that have been detected on your site that have not been added to a Terminus advertising tactic).
Within these reporting views, you can filter your data for a specific date range, or to only view data for a specific account, or a set of accounts in a specific advertising campaign.
TARGETED ACCOUNTS REPORT
To download this view from the "Targeted" tab, select the "CSV" button at the top right-hand side of the data table:
The data in the "Targeted" tab and .csv download includes:
- Impressions: Similar to the "Aggregate View" in the Aggregate Account Report, both the data table and .csv reports show aggregate impression data for a single account under the "Impressions" column. Filtering by a single campaign will only alter the accounts shown in that view, and will not display impression data for only that campaign. Changing the date range will display total impressions served to that account, across multiple tactics, within that range.
- Total Visits: Total number of times the different people from an account visited your site in a given time period.
- Unique Visitors: the number of people who visited your site from a particular company
- Campaigns: how many Terminus campaigns an account is in.
- Page Views: total number of pages viewed by people at a given account.
- PPV (Pages per visit): average number of pages viewed during a visit.
- Last Visit Date: the last time someone from a particular account visited your site.
POTENTIAL ACCOUNTS REPORT
Clicking on the “Potential Account Visits” tab shows the website behavior of companies that are not matched to an account in a Terminus campaign. This data can help you discover new accounts (that may not be part of your current targeting strategy) that are on your site researching your solution.
Once you are under the Potential Account Visits tab, you will see data for accounts that have visited your website within the specified date range. You will see data similar to the "Targeted" tab, including: Account Name, Domain, Total Visits, Unique Visitors, Page Views, PPV, and the date of their last visit.
The Potential Accounts report has also been appended with firmographic data on each account, to more easily identify net-new accounts that also fit your ideal customer profile (ICP) and are already engaging with your brand.
To view the website engagement + firmographic data, you will need to export the report to a .csv. To do that, you will click “CSV + FIT DATA” button under the visits and impressions graph:
The "fit" or firmographic data in the .csv report will include:
- Revenue range
- Employee count
- Year founded
- NAICS description
- Company description
- LinkedIn URL
- Account-based web engagement data (unique visits, total visits, page views, PPV, last visit date)
From here, you can filter the report based on what information is important to your business.
Engagement Spike (Website Engagement)
The Engagement Spike tab is where you will go to make Visitor ID even more actionable for your sales team. Here you can build Spike Models around the most valuable pages on your website. These inputs will generate a weekly report that shows which accounts are showing the most relevant engagement on your website that week. This will enable your sales team to prioritize their weekly outreach in a strategic manor.
This data can be pushed directly back into your Salesforce instance, via our Sales Insights package, or it can be exported directly from the Terminus application. When a new report is available for a spike model, a "Download Report" button will appear under the "Current Week's Report" column. Additionally, the previous week's report (if one was generated), will also be available for download.
For more details on how to create an engagement model and what data your weekly Engagement Spike reports will contain, please navigate to this article.
For additional questions on Terminus's reporting capabilities, please reach out to email@example.com!