To use this feature, you must have Data Studio and Ad Experiences as part of your Terminus subscription.
In addition to our display and retargeting capabilities, Terminus Ad Experiences offers IP Targeting for U.S. and non-U.S. display advertising. This display advertising method is fully GDPR compliant, alongside the already available integration to LinkedIn for global reach. With it, users can orchestrate their U.S. and global campaigns from a single hub without engaging additional tools for new markets. On our end, we make sure the type of targeting is appropriate and compliant in every region you serve.
Account-level display targeting in non-U.S. markets can be a challenge, both because of limited or low-quality cookie inventory, and because of strict personal privacy regulations (such as GDPR within the EU). Terminus account-based display advertising in non-U.S. markets leverages IP-based targeting at the account level to offer our customers the best balance of reach, coverage, and compliance. This also makes Terminus one of the few platforms that enables marketers to leverage both IP and cookie-based targeting from a single, centralized campaign management system.
With Terminus's international ad serving capabilities, customers have the ability to:
- Serve ads across Europe, the Middle East, APAC and LATAM
- NOTE: Due to Chinese regulations, APAC currently excludes the ability to target in China. Additionally, Terminus cannot target the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria.
- View similar account-level performance metrics such as: impressions, clicks, and cost metrics in your advertising tactics.
Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager for additional details on coverage.
IP targeting relies on company data, but no personally identifiable information (or PII). When you set up ads to serve outside of the United States, we’ll automatically use the most appropriate targeting method to keep you compliant without any extra work or setup.
Please note, you’ll still need to ensure that any forms or cookies you carry on your web properties comply with GDPR regulations.
Fraud Protection, Brand Safety, and Viewability
All Terminus display advertising, regardless of what geography it’s being served to, leverages our world-class advertising system designed to get more of your ads in front of the people that matter, on high-quality sites.
When you run a Terminus display ad, here’s some of the things we do before your impression hits human eyeballs:
- Brand safety filter to ensure your ads only serve on high-quality sites without potentially negative affiliations. Remember, we’re trying to create a positive brand association here, so we never put your ads on low-quality sites.
- High-viewability test to make sure that when you bid on an impression, the ad is actually viewable by the site visitor for as long as possible. We’re constantly optimizing our platform to offer ads that real people actually see for a meaningful amount of time.
- Fraud prevention system that continuously optimizes to remove fraudulent impressions from our system using a variety of technologies driven by machine learning. Across our customer base, we see average fraud rates of under 3%, significantly beating programmatic ad benchmarks (which hover around 17% in the US).
Launching a Global Tactic
In order to set up a global (IP-based) tactic, you will follow the same process as a display tactic (step-by-step instructions for launching a display tactic can be found here, as a reminder).
For IP-based tactics:
- Click on the “New Campaign/New Tactic” button, which is accessible on all of the main sections of the TerminusAd Experiences navigation. After clicking on the "New Campaign/New Tactic” button, you will navigate to the Create Campaign page.
- Click on "Global Targeting".
- Once you have clicked on "Global Targeting", you can begin building your new campaign/tactic. Your Audience Source will be The Data Studio.
- You can build your audience from any of the Global Filters in Data Studio, such as Opportunity Stage, Firmographics, Intent, or Engagement data.
- On the Audience Targeting page, you define which countries within your target accounts will be served ads from this tactic.
- In this step, you will input additional information to control the spend and run time for your advertising tactic.
- Budget – You are required to select a daily budget for the tactic, and you also have the option to set a total budget. You can also set a per-account spend limit on each tactic. To do this, or to get recommendations on budgeting, contact your Terminus CSM or reach out to email@example.com. Both daily budgets and total budgets can be adjusted, at the tactic-level, at any point while your tactic is running.
- Duration – You have the option set a specific end date for your tactic, or you can let it run "indefinitely," which means the tactic will run until it is paused or archived. Note: If you set a total budget and a specific end date, your tactic will stop running based on whichever setting is reached first.
- On the Creative Upload page, you will be able to upload ad creative files and associated landing page URLs. You will have the option to either upload new creatives, or re-use existing creatives from your Ad Library.
- Upload Creative - With this option, you will upload all the creative files for the different ad sizes you wish to use directly from your computer. Check out our Ad Creative Guidelines for more information on our recommended and supported ad sizes, as well as accepted file formats. You will also be asked to include the destination URL for each ad, which is the landing page you want people to direct to when they click on the ad. Note: We support the use of UTM parameters as well as custom tracking URLs.
- Browse Ad Library – To use ad creatives that have been previously uploaded, click on "Browse Ad Library." From there, you will be able to search and select ads from your Terminus Ad Library. The ads can be filtered by name and size and can be sorted by newest/oldest (date uploaded).
- In this last step, you will have the option to review all your selections, including the name of the campaign, the audience and targeting options, and other settings such as budget and ad creative, before you submit your tactic.
- Once you've reviewed all of your settings, hit the "Submit" button - this will automatically initiate the launch process. This automated process can take up to 3-4 business days to begin serving impressions, depending on the time of day your tactic is submitted. During this time, your tactic will show a status of "running".
NOTE: At this time, data for global tactics will be excluded from the summary metrics in the 'Account Based Advertising' tab on the Campaign Overview page, the Aggregate Account report, and the Site Visits report. Customers should use the 'Global Targeting' tab and the Tactic Detail page to report on global tactic performance.
If you need to make any of the following edits or changes to an international tactic after it has been launched, please allow at least 24 hours for changes to propagate throughout the platform:
- Changing tactic flight dates (start & end dates)
- Changing budgets
- Adding or removing new creative files
- Editing creative landing pages
- Pause a running tactic
- Restart a completed tactic