This feature is available to customers whose subscription includes the Terminus Account Hub.
What is the Account Hub?
The Account Hub empowers sales and marketing teams to align and collaborate on a unified target account strategy. This target account database aggregates 1st and 3rd party data to provide a 360-degree view of engagement across target accounts. Teams can use the Account Hub to build actionable target account lists, identify engagement gaps, and strategically prioritize efforts.
The Account Hub unifies Account, Opportunity, and Contact data from your connected CRM, as well as previously siloed data across your technology stack, in one central place. The main features in the Account Hub include: the Account Table, the Account List Builder, and the Account Specific page.
The Account Table surfaces fundamental account-level data from your CRM including account name, account owner, campaign responses, known people, total open pipeline value and total closed revenue value. For clients leveraging Terminus advertising tactics, Terminus Visitor ID and Terminus Engagement Spike models, the Account Table will connect key Terminus metrics with the CRM account data.
The data available within the table can be further customized to include other sources relevant for account planning, prioritization and reporting within the Terminus suite. In order to add data sources to the account table, the data must be available on the account object of your connected CRM. When provided with the field API, our technical team can enable corresponding datasets.
Pro Tip: Tool Tips
Hover over the question mark icons (strategically placed throughout the Terminus platform) to reveal additional details on functionality, data calculations, and general best practices!
Adjust your reporting view for pre-set time cohorts, or a custom date range.
- All Accounts: Displays all accounts in your connected CRM, regardless of marketing engagement or sales activity, in the selected cohort.
- Needs Marketing: All accounts where "Last Campaign Response Date" is null, or occurred before the selected date cohort.
- Needs Sales: All accounts where "Last Activity Date" is null, or occurred before the selected date cohort.
- Needs Marketing & Sales: All accounts with no sales or marketing activity in the selected date cohort.
- Needs Contacts: All accounts with no Known People (leads/contacts) associated to them in your CRM, for the selected date cohort.
- Has Open Opportunities: All accounts with an open opportunity record in your CRM in the selected date cohort.
- Active Accounts With No Open Opportunities: All active accounts with no open opportunity records in the selected date cohort. Accounts are deemed 'active' if they either: 1) have a valid Campaign Response within the cohort, or 2) have a 'Last Activity' date within the selected date cohort.
- All Accounts With No Open Opportunities: All accounts with no open opportunity records in the selected date cohort.
Columns in the Account Hub column can be toggled on or off to display the data desired. All Hub accounts are set up with the follow pre-fixed columns:
- Account Name: As it appears in your connected CRM.
- Industry: Firmographic data provided by the Terminus platform.
- Employee Range: Firmographic data provided by the Terminus platform.
- Revenue Range: Firmographic data provided by the Terminus platform.
- Owner: Owner of the Account record in your connected CRM.
- Known People: The number of leads and contacts that are associated with the account.
- Unique Campaign Respondents: The unique number of leads and contacts with campaign responses during the selected date cohort and action list.
- Campaign Responses: The number of valid campaign member responses within the specified date cohorts.
- Sales Activity: The number of sales activities associated with the account, given the selected date cohorts.
- Last Campaign Response Date: The most recent campaign response for leads and contacts associated with the account. Cohorts, actions, and Global Filter selections do not impact this calculation.
- Last (Sales) Activity Date: The date when a User last did something related to the Activities (Tasks & Events) that roll-up to the Account via the Contract, Custom Object, Opportunity, and Contact (represents one of the following):
- The latest Due Date of the Closed Tasks on a record
- The latest Date of Events on a record
- Note: This date is pulled directly from SFDC and does not change based on the cohort.
- Open Pipeline: The total value of all open opportunities to-date. This measurement is not affected by the date cohort selector but is affected by the Opportunity global filter.
- Open Opportunities: The unique count of all open opportunities to-date. This measurement is not affected by the date cohort selector but is affected by the Opportunity global filter.
- Total Opportunities: The total count of all opportunities with a created date within the date cohort selector. This measurement is (1) affected by the date cohort selector and (2) the Opportunity global filter.
- Total Deals: The total count of all closed won opportunities with a close date within the date cohort selector. This measurement is (1) affected by the date cohort selector and (2) the Opportunity global filter.
- Total Pipeline: The value of all opportunities with a created date within the date cohort selector. This measurement is (1) affected by the date cohort selector and (2) the Opportunity global filter.
- Total Revenue: The total value of all closed won opportunities with a close date within the date cohort selector. This measurement is (1) affected by the date cohort selector and (2) the Opportunity global filter.
As of our May 2019 feature update, the following data will be pushed to all CRM accounts; not just the accounts you are targeting with Terminus advertising:
- Engagement Spike: The last date that account was considered to be "spiking."
- Engagement Spike Model: The name of the Engagement Model the account was spiking on, per the "Engagement Spike" date.
- Page Views: The total number of website pages viewed by people at that account in the selected date cohort, as detected by Terminus's Visitor ID tool.
- Customers of the Terminus Engage product will also have several data columns available:
- Ad Impressions: The number of Terminus advertising impressions served to that account in the selected date cohort (Note: This column currently does not account for advertising impressions served through the Terminus LinkedIn integration).
- Ad Clicks: The number of times a Terminus ad was clicked on by an individual at that account in the selected date cohort.
*To learn more about customizing your Account Hub columns, check out this article.
Account List Builder
Using the Cohort, Actions, and Global Filters options, users can create and save lists of accounts directly in the Account Hub for reporting, sales prioritization, and campaign execution. To learn more about building lists in the Hub, see our "Introduction to Account Lists" article.
Account Specific Page
In addition to the information displayed in the Account Table, users can click into an individual account for more details related to account engagement, sales activity, who from that account is interacting with your marketing campaigns, and the account's opportunity history. For more details on the Account Specific Page, please reference this article.
What Use Cases Can I Apply in the Account Hub?
General use cases:
- Identify and prioritize your target accounts by segmenting based on information from your CRM, as well as by firmographic, intent, and engagement data.
- Understand engagement within target accounts by saving lists that can be used to segment the data in all of the Terminus Hub reports.
- Launch Terminus advertising campaigns from saved account lists.
- Easily share & export target account lists to non-Terminus users.
- Measure the success of your ABM program within Terminus Campaign Analytics and Opportunity Insights reports, Dashboards and the Scorecard.
Goal-oriented use cases:
- Identify accounts that have Engaged on the website but have no recent Sales activity.
- Identify accounts that have Engaged on the website, responded to CRM campaigns but have no recent Sales activity.
- Identify accounts that have Marketing activity but need Sales activity.
- Identify accounts that have Website and/or Marketing activity but do not have open opportunities.
- Identify accounts that have Sales activity but need Marketing activity.
- Identify accounts showing intent for competitive solutions and align marketing campaigns to combat.
- Identify accounts that have Open Opportunities.
Wake the Dead:
- Identify accounts with Dead / Closed Lost Opportunities that have visited the website in the last 30 days.
- Identify accounts stuck in late opportunity stages and align marketing campaigns to re-engage.
- Identify customers that have purchased Product A to cross-sell Product B.
- Identify customers who have low usage of your products or services and engage them with educational content.
- Identify customers that are using or are showing intent for a competitive product.
- Identify customers that are actively engaging with your brand for customer case studies or highlights.
- Identify customers with an open renewal opportunity.