Installing Terminus's Sales Insights Package in Salesforce
NOTE: Before installing, make sure that someone with READ/WRITE SFDC access is the one downloading the package (SFDC Admin/Operations roles).
- Visit this link as a Salesforce Admin:
- If you have SFDC Enterprise+
- If you have SFDC Professional
- Click Install for All Users (Or specific profiles if necessary for your organization).
- Click Install.
- Once installed in SFDC, please notify your Terminus CSM or our Support team at email@example.com.
This package can be installed in a SFDC sandbox environment. However, if you would like to have a "test" data push initiated while in sandbox, please connect with your Terminus CSM or Onboarding Specialist.
To customize the layout on the Account object:
- Click Edit layout on the top right of any account.
- Create a new section named "Terminus Metrics."
- Drag each field that you want to show into that section (recommended layout is below).
Available fields to map on Account object view:
- Last Spike Date
- Spike Percent
- Engaged On
- Most Visited High-Value Pages
- Most Visited Awareness Pages
- Spike Heat
- Last Visit Date
- Web Visits
- People on Site
- Last Ad Click Date
- Last Ad Impression Date
- Ad Clicks (30 Day Snapshot)
- Ad Clicks (90 Day Snapshot)
- Ad Impressions (30 Day Snapshot)
- Ad Impressions (90 Day Snapshot)
NOTE: This package will include 24 total fields as part of the installation, and all 24 fields are required as part of the package installation. These include date stamp fields for when metrics were updated that we include for debugging purposes. We only include the 15 fields mentioned above on the page layout that are relevant to end users.
Recommended install layout:
- Users must have Bulk API enabled in their SFDC instance in order for data to push back properly.
- Data is only pushing to the Account object in SFDC for accounts that are also targeted in Terminus advertising tactics.
- We push real time-data daily, no historical pushback.
- This package is unmanaged by Terminus.
- If you are not seeing data push back once the install is confirmed, please ensure “View Setup and Configuration” is enabled in Administrative Permissions:
1. Log into the CRM org as a System Administrator.
2. Navigate to the end-user profile.
3. Click Edit.
4. Scroll down to Administrative Permissions section, alternatively use CMD/CTRL + F.
5. Enable the View Setup and Configuration setting.
6. Click Save.
After installing the package, we will also create a custom “TerminusReports” folder in your Reporting tab in SFDC. The folder should look like this:
If it looks like this, instead (no reports showing):
Follow these steps:
And confirm that your profile is enabled:
Any questions related to the installation of this feature can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to your Terminus Customer Success Manager.