What is Sales Insights?
This is a way for sales and marketing teams to easily leverage account engagement data to prioritize and personalize outreach to the hottest accounts.
- See how marketing is driving engagement via Terminus account-based advertising
- Get a clear signal when an account is actively researching their offering
- Personalize outreach based on an account’s browsing behavior
Unlike alerts from marketing automation, Sales Insights aggregates engagement at the account level from anonymous web traffic, allowing salespeople to identify engaged accounts earlier. Sales Insights uses algorithmic account engagement scoring to alert sales when an account is actively researching your solution.
Installing Terminus's Sales Insights Package in Salesforce
NOTE: Before installing, make sure that someone with READ/WRITE SFDC access is the one downloading the package (SFDC Admin/Operations roles).
- Visit this link as a Salesforce Admin:
- If you have SFDC Enterprise+
- If you have SFDC Professional
- Click Install for All Users (Or specific profiles if necessary for your organization).
- Click Install.
- Once installed in SFDC, please notify your Terminus CSM or our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This package can be installed in a SFDC sandbox environment. However, if you would like to have a "test" data push initiated while in sandbox, please connect with your Terminus CSM or Onboarding Specialist.
To customize the layout on the Account object:
Click Edit layout on the top right of any account:
Create a new section named "Terminus Metrics."
Drag each field that you want to show into that section (recommended layout is below).
Available fields to map on Account object view:
- Last Spike Date
- Spike Percent
- Engaged On
- Most Visited High-Value Pages
- Most Visited Awareness Pages
- Spike Heat
- Last Visit Date
- Web Visits
- People on Site
- Last Ad Click Date
- Last Ad Impression Date
- Ad Clicks (30 Day Snapshot)
- Ad Clicks (90 Day Snapshot)
- Ad Impressions (30 Day Snapshot)
- Ad Impressions (90 Day Snapshot)
NOTE: This package will include 24 total fields as part of the installation, and all 24 fields are required as part of the package installation. These include date stamp fields for when metrics were updated that we include for debugging purposes. We only include the 15 fields mentioned above on the page layout that are relevant to end users.
The complete package install should look like this:
Recommended install layout:
- Users must have Bulk API enabled in their SFDC instance in order for data to push back properly.
- Data is only pushing to the Account object in SFDC for accounts that are also targeted in Terminus advertising tactics.
- We push real time-data daily, no historical pushback.
- This package is unmanaged by Terminus.
- If you are not seeing data push back once the install is confirmed, please ensure “View Setup and Configuration” is enabled in Administrative Permissions:
1. Log into the CRM org as a System Administrator.
2. Navigate to the end-user profile.
3. Click Edit.
4. Scroll down to Administrative Permissions section, alternatively use CMD/CTRL + F.
5. Enable the View Setup and Configuration setting.
6. Click Save.
After installing the package, we will also create a custom “TerminusReports” folder in your Reporting tab in SFDC. The folder should look like this:
If it looks like this, instead (no reports showing):
Follow these steps:
And confirm that your profile is enabled:
How much of the Static Resources storage will be used?
- 350Kb for that hot hot pepper image
Is the Terminus Sales Insights package is unmanaged?
- Yes, it is unmanaged.
- No; your Engage instance must be integrated with Salesforce for data to push back to the Sales Insights package.
Any additional questions related to the installation of this feature can be sent to email@example.com, or to your Terminus Customer Success Manager.