This guide is for the unmanaged package that is no longer the most up-to-date version. The information is intended as reference for customers who are still using the unmanaged Sales insights package. Please see this article for information on the managed package.
To use this feature, you must have the Terminus Ad Experiences product as part of your subscription, you must be a Salesforce CRM customer, and you must have our Salesforce integration enabled in the Ad Experiences interface.
Additionally, you should have Account-Based Visitor ID installed, Engagement Spike models and Account Lists created, and display advertising campaigns running to leverage the full value of the feature.
For more information on this feature, check out these related articles:
What is Sales Insights?
This is a way for sales and marketing teams to easily leverage account engagement data to prioritize and personalize outreach to the hottest accounts.
Sales Insights delivers account-level data on website engagement, Engagement spike alerts, digital advertising activity, and account list membership from the Terminus ABM platform into Salesforce. With this data sales teams can:
- See how marketing is driving engagement via Terminus account-based advertising
- Get a clear signal when an account is actively researching their offering
- Personalize outreach based on an account’s browsing behavior
- Enable marketing & sales to work off of the same list of accounts, and drive deeper alignment
Unlike alerts from marketing automation, Sales Insights aggregates engagement at the account level from anonymous web traffic, allowing salespeople to identify engaged accounts earlier. Sales Insights uses algorithmic account engagement scoring to alert sales when an account is actively researching your solution.
Installing Terminus's Sales Insights Package in Salesforce
NOTE: Before installing, make sure that someone with READ/WRITE SFDC access is the one downloading the package (SFDC Admin/Operations roles). Additionally, API access should be enabled.
- Visit this link as a Salesforce Admin:
- If you have SFDC Enterprise+
- If you have SFDC Professional
Feature Update: March 2020
In March 2020 we released an update to this package to include the "Terminus Account Lists" and "Terminus Account Lists as Of" fields. If you already have the Sales Insights package installed inside of Salesforce, please use the link below to update your current package, and install these new fields:
When prompted, the install window for the package update will look like this:
- Click Install for All Users (Or specific profiles if necessary for your organization)
- Click Install.
- Once installed in SFDC, please notify your Terminus CSM or our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Installing in a Sandbox Environment
To install in an SFDC sandbox environment, please use the following links:
- If you have SFDC Enterprise+
- If you have SFDC Professional
However, if you would like to have a "test" data push initiated while in sandbox, please connect with your Terminus CSM or Onboarding Specialist.
To customize the layout on the Account object:
Click Edit layout on the top right of any account:
Create a new section named "Terminus Metrics."
Drag each field that you want to show into that section (recommended layout is below).
Available fields to map on Account object view:
- Last Spike Date
- Spike Percent
- Engaging On
- Most Visited High-Value Pages
- Most Visited Awareness Pages
- Spike Heat
- Last Visit Date
- Web Visits
- People on Site
- Last Ad Click Date
- Last Ad Impression Date
- Ad Clicks (30 Day Snapshot)
- Ad Clicks (90 Day Snapshot)
- Ad Impressions (30 Day Snapshot)
- Ad Impressions (90 Day Snapshot)
- Terminus Account Lists
- Terminus Account Lists as Of
NOTE: This package will include 25 total fields as part of the installation, and all 25 fields are required as part of the package installation. These include date stamp fields for when metrics were updated that we include for debugging purposes. We only include the 15 fields mentioned above on the page layout that are relevant to end users. The total package contents will include:
Recommended install layout:
- Users must have Bulk API enabled in their SFDC instance in order for data to push back properly.
- For advertising-only customers, data will push back to the Account object in SFDC only for accounts that are also targeted in Terminus advertising tactics.
- For customers that have access to Data Studio as part of their subscription, we will push data back to all CRM accounts, including accounts targeted in Terminus advertising tactics.
- We push real time-data daily, no historical pushback.
- This package is unmanaged by Terminus.
- If you are not seeing data push back once the install is confirmed, please ensure “View Setup and Configuration” is enabled in Administrative Permissions:
1. Log into the CRM org as a System Administrator.
2. Navigate to the end-user profile.
3. Click Edit.
4. Scroll down to Administrative Permissions section, alternatively use CMD/CTRL + F.
5. Enable the View Setup and Configuration setting.
6. Click Save.
After installing the package, we will also create a “TerminusReports” folder in your Reporting tab in SFDC. The folder should look like this:
For Salesforce Enterprise customers, we will also create a custom Terminus tab:
If it looks like this, instead (no reports showing):
Follow these steps:
And confirm that your profile is enabled:
How much of the Static Resources storage will be used?
- 350Kb for that hot hot pepper image
Is the Terminus Sales Insights package is unmanaged?
- Yes, it is unmanaged.
- No; your Ad Experiences instance must be integrated with Salesforce for data to push back to the Sales Insights package.
How frequently is this data updated?
- Web visit fields will update daily
- Engagement spike fields will update weekly
- Advertising fields will update daily
- Account list fields will update daily; it may take up to 24 hours to see new account list membership in SFDC
Can I still push data back to Salesforce for advertising accounts that were uploaded using a .CSV list?
- In order to push data back to the Sales Insights package, your instances of Terminus Data Studio and/or Terminus Ad Experiences must be integrated with Salesforce. If an advertising tactic is submitted using a static .CSV list as the audience source, it may still be possible to push data back into Salesforce. This is possible, if:
- The account in your .CSV list has been targeted in a Terminus tactic using a Salesforce audience previously
- AND the name of the account in the list matches the name in Salesforce EXACTLY (no types, hyphens, extra spaces, etc.)
Any additional questions related to the installation of this feature can be sent to email@example.com.