This feature is available to customers whose subscription includes the Terminus Account Hub.
What are Account Lists?
Account Lists are a cohort of accounts that a team intends to run programs to and measure over a specific period of time, such as a month or a quarter. In the Terminus platform, Account Lists can be used to coordinate and prioritize your target accounts by analyzing their marketing, sales, and web activity, along with key firmographics. By creating an Account List, you’ll be able to run programs into those accounts, or segments of those accounts, and measure the results over a prescribed time period.
Here are examples of some typical Account Lists:
- Q1 Mid-Market SDR Tier 1 List: A list of new mid-sized accounts that show in-market signals (such as intent for your solution), that your SDR teams will work to activate over a specific quarter.
- Annual Enterprise Key Account List: A list of key enterprise accounts and logos that you want to acquire or progress in a specific year.
- Single-Product Quarterly Renewal Engagement List: A list of accounts using one of your offerings, with renewal dates in a specific quarter, with which you’d like to support expansion deals.
How to Use Account Lists
You should create an account list when:
- You have a specific cohort of accounts, and you want to measure the progress of those accounts towards revenue over a specific time period
- You want to test the effectiveness of certain programs, or compare engagement and success rates across certain segments of accounts
- You want to easily share relevant engagement data and funnel progress on different target account segments or business units externally (re: via .CSV export)
You do not need to create a new list each time you want to:
- Run a new marketing campaign
- Launch a new Terminus advertising tactic (*Note: In upcoming release, users will be able to segment their Account Lists within the Engage product to further define their target audience in an advertising tactic. This will help maintain the integrity of the original list, and will also serve as an alternative to creating multiple lists just for advertising)
Adding Accounts to a New List
By selecting the checkboxes to the left of the Account name, you will be selecting that Account for inclusion within a defined list. Users have the option to select the current accounts displayed, individual accounts, or all accounts that meet the given criteria.
Once all accounts have been chosen, click ‘Add to List’ next to the +/- columns button. Select the folder where you'll be creating a new list and click ‘Create New List’. Once the list has been created, select the list and click 'Add to List'.
You will now see the selected accounts within this list and have the ability to filter additional Terminus Reports sections by these accounts.
For a more detailed walk-through on how to build an Account List in the Account Hub, check out this video: How to Create an Account List
Adding Accounts to an Existing List
By selecting the checkboxes to the left of the Account name, you will be selecting that Account for inclusion within a defined list. Users have the option to select the current accounts displayed, individually accounts, or all accounts that meet the given Criteria. To add the selected accounts to an existing list, select the blue ‘Add to List’ button next to the +/- columns button.
Select the folder where you want to add these the chosen accounts, and select the existing list to include additional accounts. If a list name is highlighted in Blue, it is currently selected.
For a more detailed walk-through on how to add accounts to an existing Account List in the Account Hub, check out this video: Edit and Manage a Saved Account List
Additional Feature Details
- Lists MUST be contained in a folder.
- Deleting a folder will delete all lists contained within the folder.
- List permissions are inherited from the folder permissions.
- Users can select accounts from different pages without losing the accounts already selected (referred to as the “running count”).
- Users can see the running count selected prior to adding them to a list (notification box located above the table).
- Users can edit the memberships of a list on the Account Hub page (via “Manage List”).
Are there limits to how many lists I can have?
Currently, there is no limit.
Are there limits to how many accounts I can store in a list?
Currently, there is no limit.
Can I filter other reports outside of the Account List to only show accounts from my saved lists?
Yes, all Terminus reports and dashboard tiles can be filtered to show only data that pertains to created account lists.
Can a single account be a member of multiple lists?
Yes, a single account can belong to multiple lists.
Are accounts de-duped on a single list?
Yes,Terminus de-dupes account memberships within a list. When attempting to add a duplicate account to a list, Terminus checks for existing memberships and does not add selected accounts if it is already a member.