We’re happy to announce account-based retargeting as part of the Terminus ABM Platform. With account-based retargeting, B2B marketers can target visitors to specific URLs, layering in firmographic filters (such as size or industry) and the individual’s characteristics (such as function or seniority).
In this article, we’ll walk through how to set up and use Retargeting with a Terminus campaign. We’ll cover all the necessary steps and requirements to get your retargeting campaign up and running in no time!
Retargeting Implementation Steps
Choosing Your Retargeting URLs
For retargeting tactics, we'd recommend selecting website pages that are most likely to be visited by your targeted audiences (e.g. not your Careers page).
We'd recommend selecting pages you're already tracking in your Engagement Spike models as good options for your retargeting strategy.
To learn how to set up an Engagement Spike model, check out this article.
Requesting & Implementing the Pixel
Once you have your Engagement Spike Model set up, you are ready to request and implement your retargeting pixel! Please contact to your Onboarding Specialist or Customer Success Manager and they will provide the pixel.
The retargeting pixel will need to be implemented on all the desired websites with the same process that the Visitor ID script was implemented. Please follow the steps provided here and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues implementing the pixel.
Example Pixel -
Providing Tactic Details
Below is a list of details your Terminus Onboarding Specialist or CSM will need to collect from you in order to create the retargeting tactic:
- Tactic Name (please include the word 'Retargeting' in the name)
- Daily Budget
- Optional Overall Budget
- Optional End Date
- Ad Creatives & Landing Page URLs
- If using more than one UTM code, please provide an Excel sheet with two columns - Creative Name ( ex: retargeting -300x600png) and Landing Page URL.
- .CSV with URLs that you’d like to retarget visitors from
The Terminus retargeting offering allows for some additional traffic filtering options, including:
- Optional: Company size filtering - SMB, Mid-Marketing, Enterprise
- Optional: Desired personas (departments) to target with the retargeting tactics (marketing, IT, sales, etc.)
- If you have custom Title Overlays as part of your Terminus subscription, you can also apply these to your retargeting traffic. Please be sure to specify these selections when working with your Customer Success Manager.
- Optional: Desired industries to target with the retargeting tactics (Automotive, Construction, etc.)
Verify the Pixel Is Running
Once the tag is installed on either your site or an external landing page, you can check to make sure it is running by using the developer tools in Google Chrome or Firefox.
- On a PC: either hit F12, or go to Settings > More Tools > Developer Tools. Click “Network” then in the Filter section type “js.adsrvr” and if you see the code load on the site, it was implemented correctly.
- On a MAC: Click on “view” from your menu bar at the top left section. Hover over “Developer”, select “Developer Tools”, click “Network” then in the Filter section type “js.adsrvr” and if you see the code load on the site, it was implemented correctly.
- If you do not see it, please refresh your page. If there continues to be an issue, contact your CSM and e-mail email@example.com.
Retargeting Tactic Reporting
After your Terminus Onboarding Specialist/CSM confirms the retargeting tactic has been set live, you will be able to see it in your ‘Campaign Overview’ page. Please keep in mind that you won’t be seeing any account-level data in the tactic. However, you will be able to see overall clicks, spend and impression metrics.
As a reminder, the visitors being retargeted with Terminus ads will include anyone that visits a page tagged with your Terminus retargeting pixel, that also meets any filtering options you overlay (company size, persona/dept, industry). Retargeting will not be limited to only visitors from accounts in your Terminus database, or in your connected CRM.
*Note - Tactic will be set live within 3-4 business days, per Terminus's standard SLA.
If you have any questions about launching a Terminus Retargeting Tactic, please reach out to your CSM or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there is a minimum number of cookies that Terminus needs to identify in order for a retargeting ad to be displayed?
- No - there is no minimum cookie requirement. We will cookie any website visitor that lands on a page with a Terminus retargeting pixel (and that meets your demographic/firmographic parameters), and retarget them with Terminus ads.