We’re happy to announce account-based retargeting as part of the Terminus ABM Platform. With account-based retargeting, B2B marketers can target visitors to specific URLs, layering in firmographic filters (such as size or industry) and the individual’s characteristics (such as function or seniority).
In this article, we’ll walk through how to set up and use Retargeting with a Terminus campaign. We’ll cover all the necessary steps and requirements to get your retargeting campaign up and running in no time!
Visit the Terminus Retargeting Blog post Here .
Retargeting Implementation Steps
Engagement Spike Model
The first requirement for retargeting is to have an Engagement Spike Model set up using your desired high value and brand awareness pages.
To learn how to set up an Engagement Spike Model, visit the article Here.
Requesting & Implementing the Pixel
Once you have your Engagement Spike Model set up, you are ready to request and implement your retargeting pixel! Please contact to your CSM and they will provide the pixel.
The Retargeting Pixel will need to be implemented on all the desired websites with the same process that the Visitor ID script was implemented. Please follow the steps provided Here and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues implementing the pixel.
Example Pixel -
Providing Tactic Details
Below is a list of details your CSM will be collecting in order to create the retargeting tactic -
- Tactic Name ( please include the word 'Retargeting' in the name)
- Daily Budget
- Optional Overall Budget
- Optional End Date
- Ad Creatives & Landing Page URLs
- If using more than one UTM code, please provide an Excel sheet with two columns - Creative Name ( ex: retargeting -300x600png) and Landing Page URL.
- CSV with URLs that you’d like to retarget visitors from
- Optional company size filtering - SMB, Mid-Marketing, Enterprise
- Desired personas (departments) to target with the retargeting tactics (marketing, IT, sales, etc.)
- Desired Industries to target with the retargeting tactics (Automotive, Construction, etc.)
- You can use title overlays! If using these, be sure to specify to your CSM.
Verify the Pixel Is Running
Once the tag is installed on either your site or an external landing page, you can check to make sure it is running by using the developer tools in Google Chrome or Firefox.
- On a PC: either hit F12, or go to Settings > More Tools > Developer Tools. Click “Network” then in the Filter section type “js.adsrvr” and if you see the code load on the site, it was implemented correctly.
- On a MAC: Click on “view” from your menu bar at the top left section. Hover over “Developer”, select “Developer Tools”, click “Network” then in the Filter section type “js.adsrvr” and if you see the code load on the site, it was implemented correctly.
- If you do not see it, please refresh your page. If there continues to be an issue, contact your CSM and e-mail email@example.com.
After your CSM confirms the Retargeting tactic has been set live, you will be able to see it in your ‘Campaign Overview’ page. Please keep in mind that you won’t be seeing any accounts in the tactic, however, you will be able to see clicks, spend and impression metrics.
Note - Tactic will be set live within 4 business days.
If you have any questions about launching a Terminus Retargeting Tactic, please reach out to your CSM or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.