To access the Configuration Page, you must have Terminus Hub as part of your subscription. Additionally, the Hub Configuration page will only be accessible to Org Administrators in your Terminus Hub instance.
The Configuration page can be used by an Org Administrator in your Terminus account to make changes to your Hub instance. The Configuration is broken out into four sections: Field Mapping, Account Engagement, Validity, Integrations, and Global Filters.
Customers who have the Terminus Bombora Integration as part of their Terminus subscription will also see the "Bombora Intent" section in the Configuration page.
Any changes made to the Configuration page will be reflected after the nightly data cycle has run (re: next business day). Please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need this sync to be initiated sooner.
The field mapping section can be directly accessed by navigating to: https://app.brightfunnel.com/#/settings/self-configure/field-mapping
Here, you will be able to update your Terminus mappings to specific fields in your connected CRM for the Campaign, Campaign Member, and Opportunity objects as well as setting up your Fiscal Year (for reporting purposes).
If you see "(Overwritten)" displayed on any field mappings, that means there is a back-end configuration in place for this setting. Please submit a ticket to email@example.com if you need to make changes to this setting.
In the Account Engagement section, Terminus users can configure the definition of an “engaged account” within ABM Scorecard. To learn more about how to configure your Account Engagement settings, check out this article.
If you have Bombora Intent data as part of your Terminus subscription, you can select and edit your tracked intent topics in this section. To learn more about intent topic selection and management, check out this article.
In the Validity section, Org Admins can set and update exclusion rules for the following objects CRM objects:
- Campaign Member
Validity rules are used to exclude certain data sets from being ingested into the Terminus Hub database. For example, if you wanted to exclude activity from certain campaign types from being included in your Hub reporting.
To add a new validity rule:
- Click the + ADD RULE button to add a new validity rule.
- Use the Salesforce Field picklist to select a field to filter on.
- Use the Operator picklist and Value text box to create a rule for filtering.
- Hit 'Done'.
- Now go to the top of the page to the 'Filtered By' section and hit 'Edit'.
- Incorporate your new rule into the filtering logic. Hit 'Done'. Hit 'Save Rules'. The rules above would be read/applied as "a Campaign record is valid if it's Name field is not Test AND it's Created Date is after 2015-12-01 AND it's Type is not SDR/Sales Outbound".
Note 1: when using the 'is' and 'is not' operators, multi values may be put in a single rule and separated with semi colons:
Note 2: If custom validity rules have been implemented and enabled, these sections will be read-only, and you will see the following message:
"This content is read only - these mappings are overwritten via a custom, backend configuration."
If you see this message, please contact your Client Strategy Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org to make changes to this setting.
The Integrations section contains the links to update your OAuth connection to a connected system (CRM and/or marketing automation platforms). During your initial onboarding configuration, we will have connected you to all of the necessary systems. However, it may be necessary to reconnect if the OAuth integration user account has been deactivated, or if the connection has been broken for another reason.
It is not necessary to update any of your existing integrations settings once they are configured, unless otherwise instructed by your Client Strategy Manager or the Terminus Support team.
In this section, Org Admins can create and update available Global Filters for the following objects:
- Campaign Member
Note: There is currently a limit of 8 filters per object.
If you see "Custom" displayed for a filter, that means there is a back-end configuration in place for this setting. Please contact your Client Strategy Manager or email@example.com to make changes to this filter if you see this message displayed.
To add a new filter:
- Navigation to your CRM integration under the "Integrations" section, and search for the desired field under the corresponding object:
- Once you've selected your field, it will automatically appear in the "Pending Approval" box. From there, you can select the "approve" button to have it added as a potential Global Filter option.
- After this action has been completed, you can navigate to the Global Filters section to submit it as a new filter option:
- Click the ADD FILTER button to add a new row.
- Enter a label for your filter in the FILTER TITLE text field.
- Select the field for your filter from the FILTER FIELD drop-down menu.
- (Optional) If you would like to limit or group the values that will display in the filter, click the RULES APPLIED link and then click the + ADD RULE button.
- When you are finished creating filters for the current object, click the SAVE FILTERS button to save your changes. Your new filter should appear in your Hub instance after the next data cycle (over night).
If you have any questions, or need any help with these settings, please submit a support ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.