This feature is available to customers whose subscription includes Terminus's Advanced Analytics or the TEAM Pro package.
What is the Opportunity Journey report?
Opportunity Journey enables users to more deeply understand how marketing touch points across all account contacts are impacting the buying cycle. Marketers can use Opportunity Journey reports to analyze how many and what type of touches across an account's buying committee contribute to each deal in order to report influence back to the business and replicate what’s working against future pipeline.
In the Opportunity Journey visual, Terminus maps every campaign touchpoint to each opportunity's timeline. The touches can be highlighted or excluded from the visual based on contact relationship, title, and campaign type, to understand each engagement from first touch to deal close.
The Journey view, (the default view in the report), is a visual representation of all valid campaign responses against a particular opportunity over time. This view can be likened to an account based "Buyers' Journey."
Hovering over any point on the Journey graph will reveal details associated with each campaign response, including:
- Date the touchpoint occurred
- Which leads or contacts within the account engaged with each campaign
- The titles of all engaged leads and contacts
- The relationship of each lead or contact as it relates to the Opportunity (Account Contact, Opportunity Contact, Orphan Lead)
- Which specific campaigns and campaign types influenced the opportunity
- When each touchpoint occurred, before ("pre") or after ("post) the opportunity was created
On the right-hand side of the Journey view, users can hide or highlight Campaign Types, Contact Roles and Title groups, on the Journey graph.
Titles of leads and contacts are based on your CRM data. Then, they are assigned title groups based on the logic in the table below:
Users can switch to the List view to see all opportunity influence data organized in tables.
- The Responses list identifies each individual Lead or Contact, the campaign they engaged with and the date in which it occurred.
- The People list identifies all individuals engaging with marketing during this buying cycle, and how many unique campaigns they engaged with.
- The Campaigns list surfaces all of the campaigns that influenced this buying cycle and how many unique people each campaign influenced.
What Questions Can Opportunity Journey Answer?
Opportunity Journey is a powerful reporting feature solving two major use cases that many teams struggle with:
Understanding Trends in Effective Campaigns and Replicating them:
With Opportunity Journey, you can visualize an account’s journey from the first touch before an opportunity is created all the way until the opportunity is marked as closed. This granularity allows you to uncover details such as: how many people engaged; who were they; what did they engage with; and at what point did they engage? From there, you can determine winning (or losing) patterns across key opportunities or segments and inform future marketing programming.
Understanding Marketing's Influence:
The Terminus platform surfaces the entire story of marketing influence. We look across the entire account to show every campaign touch against each individual associated with an account, without relying on perfect data hygiene or manual processes to identify who is involved in decision making. This key differentiator allows you to see a full snapshot of your impact against key opportunities and deals.
The types of questions marketers answer with Opportunity Journey reports are:
- Which people in the buying center got involved in this deal, when?
- Which campaigns are involved earlier or later in won deals?
- Which campaigns are always present in closed won deals?
- Is there a persona or type of campaign that is missing in lost deals?
- Are there early indicators of red flags on lost deals that we can use to take earlier action on the next opportunity?
- When and how do senior decision makers get involved?