To use this integration, you must have Terminus Ad Experiences as part of your subscription. Additionally, you must have an active LinkedIn advertising account set up with an authorized payment method. For information on how to set up an advertising account in LinkedIn, please reference this article.
With the LinkedIn ads integration, customers can create dynamic LinkedIn audiences based on the CRM accounts from their Terminus Data Studio. These audience segments can be utilized for all LinkedIn ad formats including Lead Gen Forms, Sponsored Content, video ads, and more. For more information on LinkedIn ad sizes, please reference this article. Terminus customers can leverage the native tools within LinkedIn while using Terminus Account Lists.
The Ad Experiences integration with the LinkedIn advertising platform is powered by our B2B Account Graph (a machine learning, artificial intelligence technology that connects all the ways in which companies and account names are related to each other), to ensure users are reaching the right accounts for their advertising strategy. Running your target accounts through B2B Account Graph (automatically initiated when you create a new LinkedIn audience) will minimize the challenges of inconsistency and inaccurate account names across different data sets. The new LinkedIn ads integration process also includes finding and matching your targeted accounts with the correct LinkedIn company pages.
Authorizing Your LinkedIn Ad Account in Terminus
To start using the LinkedIn advertising integration, you must have LinkedIn Campaigns as part of your subscription. Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you need clarification. You will also need to have an account administrator on your LinkedIn ad account to authorize the Terminus integration.
- To confirm who is an approved admin on your account, go to your LinkedIn Campaign Manager -> click on your company account -> Settings (gear icon on the top right of the page) -> Manage Access. For more information on how to Manage your Ad Account Settings, please reference this article.
Once you have confirmed who will authorize the integration, navigate back to your Ad Experiences instance:
- Settings > Integrations > Select the LinkedIn Icon
- Click the "Connect to LinkedIn" button and select the LinkedIn Ad Account to associate with your Terminus platform (Note: You can only associate one LinkedIn ad account per Terminus instance).
Once the authentication is complete, your LinkedIn integration page should look like this:
Here, you can view which ad account you have connected, when your authentication expires, and the current status of your LinkedIn ad account.
What happens when my LinkedIn Integration breaks? (ie: expired token)
- Customers will receive an alert informing them that their LinkedIn integration has expired. Links will be provided that instruct users how to correct the issue. During this time, users will only see limited info on the LinkedIn tab of the Campaign Overview page. Please refer back to Authorizing Your LinkedIn Ad Account in Terminus.
What happens if I disable a Terminus audience segment inside of LinkedIn?
- If a user inadvertently “Deletes” a LinkedIn Audience (DMP Segment) in LinkedIn, Terminus will not delete the audience as well. We will simply build the audience again.
What is the cost of the LinkedIn integration with Terminus?
- There is no additional cost to use the LinkedIn integration. However, LinkedIn Campaigns must be included in your subscription.
What are the requirements for integrating LinkedIn with Terminus?
- You will need to have a LinkedIn Advertising account with an authorized payment method set up within the LinkedIn platform. Once that is set up, you will be able to link your LinkedIn account to your Terminus account from within the Terminus platform.
Can I integrate with a LinkedIn ad account associated with my company's Showcase page?
- Yes, we now support ad accounts associated with a LinkedIn Showcase page, in addition to ad accounts associated with a LinkedIn Company Page.
If I make changes to a LinkedIn dynamic audience segment, how long will it take to see those changes in my LinkedIn campaign?
- The standard turnaround time is up to 72 hours. The larger the list, the longer it will take to build.
If I make changes to a LinkedIn dynamic audience segment, does my LinkedIn campaign continue running with the segment rules until the sync happens and the new rules kick in?
- Yes, the dynamic audience segment will continue to run until the new rules are built and live (up to 72 hours).
How often does Terminus sync with Linkedin Campaigns?
- Terminus data will sync every 24 hours (nightly).
What currencies are accepted for the Terminus LinkedIn integration?
- Currently, the integration only supports a LinkedIn ad account whose billing currency is in US Dollars (USD).
How does billing work? Will Terminus bill me for LinkedIn media spend?
- All billing is handled directly by LinkedIn from LI campaign manager. Terminus will NOT bill customers for LinkedIn media spend.
How can I contact LinkedIn for help?
- The LinkedIn Marketing Solutions Help Page can be found here.
Why does my Matched Accounts number not match with what I see in LinkedIn?
- The Matched Accounts field is based on data collection by LinkedIn for a rolling seven-day window. It is not a current total count of matched accounts, only the net change over the past 7 days. You can still view the total matched accounts inside of the LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
Will Terminus reporting include data for LinkedIn ad campaigns in my connected account, including those launched outside of the Terminus platform?
- No; at this time, Terminus reporting on LinkedIn advertising campaigns will only reflect campaigns that are using the Terminus <> LinkedIn integration.
If you have any questions or need assistance with getting setup using LinkedIn, please contact support through the Terminus Support Portal.