HTML5 General Specs
HTML5 creatives are a type of display creative and must follow the same guidelines as display with some additional recommendations.
- HTML5 Supported File Types: HTML, JS, CSS, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and SVG
- Supported File Sizes for HTML5 Creatives:
Initial: 200 KB maximum
Max Initial File Load Count: 15 Files
Subsequent/Polite Load: 1 MB maximum
User-Initiated Load: 2.2 MB Recommended
- 160 x 600
- 300 x 250
- 300 x 50
- 300 x 100
- 300 x 600
- 320 x 50
- 320 x 480
- 336 x 280
- 728 x 90
- 768 x 1024
- 970 x 250
- 970 x 90
To ensure BannerSnack compatibility with Terminus, please complete the below steps for each HTML5 creative you want to upload
** Please note that BannerSnack has now rebranded and is known as Creatopy - New article with Creatopy instructions:
Ensuring HTML5 Compatibility using Creatopy **
* Please do not include the landing page URL within Bannersnack, instead this will be added in the campaign wizard when the creative is uploaded *
Built In Method:
1. Click "Save"
2. Click the "Download" icon.
3. Choose "HTML5"
4. Choose "Custom AD Network"
5. Select "The TradeDesk"
- Once you get the zip file it's ready to upload to Terminus! Upload the .zip file to your Terminus campaign and set your landing page URL in the Terminus UI.
- Click on the Uploading Creative section of the How to Launch a Display Advertising Campaign article for step-by-step instructions.
**If updating the HTML file after exporting, please follow the Custom Code Method at the following page: Custom Code Method **
What tools can I use to open & view .html files?
- Atom Editor, Brackets
What tools can I use to zip my files?
Can I zip my files using the Mac/Windows Zip Tools?
- We recommend using a specific app such as Keka as it provides the option to remove resource forks.
Are font files accepted?
- We do not accept font files of .ttf type. Please include the font details within one of the accepted file types.
What do I do if I am seeing an error after I upload my creative?
- Please review our HTML5 Troubleshooting article - HTML5 Troubleshooting Article
- For any other questions, please reach out via our Customer Support Portal at support.terminus.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.