In order to use the Terminus Engagements (formerly Sales Insights) portion of the package, you must have Ad Experiences as a part of your subscription to Terminus. You must have an active connection between Ad Experiences and your Salesforce. Additionally, in order to see web engagement and Engagement Spike data in the package, you must have Visitor ID installed on your website.
The Account Insights component of the package will require access to a Data Studio instance, and Terminus Sales Experiences as a part of your subscription.
Article quick links:
- Terminus Insights Package Overview
- Installing the Terminus Insights Package
- Adding Terminus Engagements Fields to the Page Layout
- Installing the Account Insights iframe
- Permission Sets Available in the Package
- How to Give Terminus Permission to Impersonate
Note for Customers Who Previously Installed Sales Insights / Account Insights (Unmanaged Packages)
As of May 2021, Terminus is an official ISV partner on the Salesforce App Exchange. With this update, we're now able to deploy the latest enhancements to our Salesforce package faster, and without any additional action needed from our customers.Customers who previously installed our unmanaged Salesforce packages for Terminus Engagements (formerly Sales Insights), and Account Insights should follow the instructions in this article.
The Terminus Insights Managed Package allows customers to access Terminus advertising metrics, website activity, intent signals, and other important account-level intelligence in one central and powerful location: Salesforce CRM. Depending on your subscription plan, the package will include the Terminus Engagements page layout view, custom Salesforce reports, and/or the Account Insights view.
Terminus Engagements (on Account page layout)
Account Insights (iframe on the Account object)
Installing the Terminus Insights Package
Estimated Time to Completion: 30-60 minutes.
NOTE: If you previously installed the old (unmanaged) Terminus Salesforce package, please see these instructions.
Access the Terminus Insights Package via the Salesforce App Exchange and click “Install”.
Note: Active Terminus customers can ignore the list price shown on the App Exchange listing.
The prompt will ask you which profiles you wish to install this package for. As a Managed Package, you can select any of the options. You can also select the “View Components” button at the bottom if you wish to view all components involved in this installation.
Recommended: Since we do not currently add any Apex workflows or triggers, we recommend that if you install this for an “Admin only”, you have a plan to eventually make this Generally Available for your organization.
- Once you have selected your option, Salesforce will send you an email alerting you that the installation is complete. You can also verify the package has been installed by going to Setup -> Installed Packages. You should see “Terminus Marketing” installed.
For Ad Experiences Users: Once the package is installed, please verify that the Salesforce user used to authenticate Salesforce within your Ad Experiences instance has been granted a license to the package. The user also needs permission to update the Account object in Salesforce. If you are not sure what user was used to authenticate Terminus Ad Experiences in your org, you can check this by following these steps.
- Navigate to Setup at the top right inside Salesforce
- On the left hand pane click into the "Quick Find / Search", paste in "Connected Apps OAuth Usage"
- Click "Connected Apps OAuth Usage", on this page you should see a connected app called "MyTerminus"
- To the right of this you should see a column with "user count", please click this underlined number and a user name will be displayed
- Back in the quick find, search for "Installed Packages" and navigate to "Terminus Marketing" package
- Click "Manage Licenses" next to the package
- Click "Add Users" and add a license for the user identified in Step 4
Adding Terminus Engagements Fields to Layout
To add the new Terminus Engagements fields to your Account Layout, go to Setup > Object Manager > Account. From there, select “Page Layouts,” and select the Account Layout you want to add Salesforce Fields to. Salesforce gives you “Account Layout” by default, but our fields can exist on multiple different variations of layouts that you create.
Recommended: These fields are available to all users of your Salesforce. It’s our recommendation that you do not “protect” these behind permission sets or other roles without careful consideration.
- Once on your Account Layout, add a new section called “Terminus Engagements,” and make it two columns wide. The installed package should have all fields available for you. We recommend that the fields you display follow a layout similar to this (See table and example below):
|Last Ad Impression Date||Last Visit Date|
|Ad Impressions (30 Day Snapshot)||Web Visits (30 Day Snapshot)|
|Last Ad Click Date||People on Site (30 Day Snapshot)|
|Ad Impressions (90 Day Snapshot)||Engaging on|
|Ad Clicks (30 Day Snapshot)||Last Spike|
|Ad Clicks (90 Day Snapshot)||Spike Percent|
|Terminus Account Lists||Spike Heat|
|Terminus Account Lists as of||Most Visited Awareness Pages|
|Most Visited High Value Pages|
- Click Save.
- Once you have completed your O-Auth with Ad Experiences and have placed the Visitor ID tracking pixel on your website, these fields will begin populating with data within 24 hours of both activities
NOTE: As of June 2021, the "Associated Terminus Accounts" field in the package has been deprecated, and will not populate new data.
Installing the Account Insights iframe
This part of the installation process is only relevant to customers who have access to Account Insights as part of their Terminus subscription. Customers who have access to both Terminus Engagements & Account Insights should first complete the installation steps above, before configuring the Account Insights view.
Related Salesforce Resources:
- Permission Sets Overview - Salesforce Resource
- Permission Sets for Groups (assigning permission sets in bulk)
Terminus Permission Sets
The Terminus Insights managed package comes with three permission sets embedded within it. All three Permission Sets are available in a Salesforce instance upon installation of the Managed Package. See this section, below, for further details.
To assign out Permission sets for users, do the following:
- Go to Set up and Go to “Permission Sets”.
- Find the “Terminus Insights” Permission Set.
- Assign all Users who have a Terminus “Activate” License to this Permission Set.
Important: Please ensure that the user that you have used to authenticate with Terminus has a license for the managed package.
Anyone who wants to be able to view the Terminus package needs a license for it on their user, this includes the user that is integrating with Terminus as well. By default, the package allows for 50 licenses.
For more information:
Adding Account Insights to the Account Layout
To add the Account Insights iframe to your Account layout, please reference these setup instructions.
Permission Sets Available in the Package
The Terminus Insights Package comes with 3 permission sets upon installation. O-Auth User, Terminus Insights, and Terminus Engagements. The permission sets allow users assigned to them to have the most access relevant to their role.
- Terminus Engagements:This permission set is the default assigned to all users of the package. This allows users to see the fields that are added to Account Layouts for reporting on the Terminus Engagement data pushed back to Salesforce. Users with this permission set will not be able to access our Account Insights functionality.
- Terminus Insights: This permission set allows users to see the i-Frame of Terminus Account Insights, as well as the Terminus Engagement Fields. Users with this permission set will be able to interact with all installed elements of the package and will require “Activate” as a part of their Terminus package.
- Terminus O-Auth User: This user has the ability to see all elements of the package without any type of restrictions. This permission set is by default granted to the O-Auth user. Our recommendation is that this permission is not granted to non-Salesforce Admins.
- Salesforce Permission Sets Overview
- Assign Permissions to Individual Users
- Assign Permission Sets to Multiple Users
How to Give Terminus Permission to Impersonate
As a ISV Partner with Salesforce, Terminus has the unique ability to offer higher levels of support to our customers as they implement, optimize, and support their ABM Efforts in Salesforce. Should you have any issues that require collaboration on Terminus in your Salesforce, you can perform the following steps to best assist Terminus in troubleshooting & collaborating.
Granting Terminus Access
A Salesforce Admin needs to grant access to Terminus by going to the following:
Go to User > Settings:
Once here, go to the right hand side and click on “Grant Account Login Access”:
Here, you should see all ISV partners that you have installed in your Salesforce account. You can select how much time you wish to grant to Terminus to login as your Salesforce Admin to login. We recommend anywhere between 1 day or 7 days, depending on the request.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What scenarios should I grant Terminus access for?
- Support for understanding discrepancies.
- Installation assistance.
- Unexpected behavior.
- How long will Terminus have access to login?
- We will only be able to login for the Access Duration you allow us to.
- What information will Terminus be able to see when impersonating?
- We will be able to see the same level of information as the user who grants us Login access.
- What will Terminus be looking for when troubleshooting/impersonating?
Commonly, we will be focusing on these areas:
- Account Layouts
- Permission Sets
- Field Permissions
- Will I be able to see what actions were taken by Terminus?
- We will commonly not make changes to your Salesforce on your behalf, more-so we will focus on understanding any root causes. Should you have any concerns, a Salesforce Admin can activate Audit Trails to track the activity we perform in your Account.