You will need to have access to the Terminus Chat feature to use this guide. If you do not have access to Terminus Chat, please reach out to your CSM to discuss your packaging.
In this article, you will find information on:
The Terminus Pardot integration allows you to:
- Automatically push new leads to Pardot from Chat.
- Import Pardot lists for increased personalization and segmentation.
- Sync Pardot lists into Chat Playbooks to provide relevant Bots
- Use Pardot account owners to route chat conversations to the correct ADR.
Setting up your Integration
1. Before you start the authentication process, you will need to retrieve your Pardot Business ID. This can be located in Salesforce Setup > Pardot Account Setup.
2. Next, in Terminus Chat, navigate to the Administration panel, select the integrations setup, and select Setup on the Pardot integrations.
2. You will then need to log in as a Salesforce Administrator and allow access.
3. Once you have allowed access, you will input your Pardot Business Unit ID into the setup screen.
4. In addition to authenticating, your Pardot Admin should also create a new field in your Pardot Instance on the Prospect Object called Terminus Chat. This will allow Chat to send Prospects to Pardot. You will configure when you send prospects in Terminus Chat.
Configuring your Integration
Back in your Terminus Chat Pardot Integration Configuration screen, you will be offered several options to connect your Chat Leads directly to Pardot.
1. You will want to define the label activities you will have once they are in your Pardot instance. The Chat Activity name defaults to "Terminus Chat," so you can leave that field blank.
2. If you are a legacy Chatbot user, you will use the following section if you would like to send all chats to Pardot. As a best practice, we advise using Playbooks to push leads to your marketing automation platform (MAP).
You can decide if you want to send all chats by selecting Missed Chats and Answered Chats, and you will need to define a Prospect owner to distribute the lead to.
3. If you want Terminus to be aware of data available in your Marketing Automation Platform, you will be able to sync that information through custom data mapping. This two-way sync will also allow you to send information to Pardot from Terminus.
Before you start syncing data points, you will first need to establish the variables in Terminus Chat. This is done by configuring Data Elements. Once you have created your Data Elements, you will need to select the Value, Data Element, or UTM Code and define where in Pardot you want the information to be written.
4. In Terminus Chat, you have the ability to set the lead/chat owner to the Pardot Account Owner. This is done by enabling ABM Chat Routing. This is especially helpful if your ADR team works your leads out of Pardot before creating the contact or lead in your CRM.
5. Finally, you will need to map the users who will receive leads in Pardot to their Terminus Chat user IDs.
Syncing Pardot Lists
Chat Experiences can sync both dynamic and static Prospect Lists from Pardot every 24 hours. Users also can force a manual sync, which can be helpful if a large-scale change has been made to lists and you would like that information to be immediately available to your Chat Experience.
Prospect Lists allow you to power Targeting in Playbooks. Targeting your playbooks according to your Pardot List members, you can provide a more personalized version of your plays that speak directly to your returning visitor.
While Targeting can be used for countless purposes in this following example, we will focus on creating a proactive message for a visitor identified from a Pardot List.
NOTE: You will need to be using the Terminus Playbooks functionality.
1. In the Terminus Admin Panel, Navigate to Playbooks, and select "Create New Playbook."
2. In the playbook navigation, select the targeting tab and select +Add.
3. Next, you will name your target. Because we are creating a Target for a Pardot List Member, I will name my Target Pardot List.
4. Finally, you will need to create the rule and the proactive message you want displayed when a visitor is from that list.
- Start with + Add Rule
- Select Pardot List
- Select in List
- Enter the List Name from Pardot
- Decide if you want a message to be shown
- Decide what you want that message to be
You have just returned from a tradeshow where you collected a list of email addresses. Your typical process is to load those lists of email addresses into Pardot to begin a nurture campaign tied to the event.
You can create a rule based on that Pardot List, that references the trade show. This allows you to create a surround sound, personalized experience at scale for site visitors that will catch their attention.