Terminus Chat + Outreach Data Integration
Terminus Chat and Outreach have several ways of passing information between the systems to provide a personalized chat experience for your site visitors and to allow your reps to send chat detail to Outreach, including creating Prospects or recording the chat details as a Prospect Activity.
Terminus Chat Data Elements available to Outreach
Terminus Chat can map data generated via the Chat interface directly to fields on the Prospect object in Outreach.
As a part of the Terminus app installation, Terminus will automatically connect the following fields to your Prospect record. The user can elect to update an existing prospect record or create a new one.
In addition, Terminus Chat will provide a record of the chat on the Prospect Activity tab, including time stamp details, the rep and visitor information and what was said (upto 2000 characters).
The Terminus Chat admin can also add custom fields to Outreach via the Terminus Outreach integration settings under custom data mapping.
The Data Mapping Type allows you to select the type of information you will pass on to a field in Outreach:
- Value: When you are going to send a persistent value to Outreach, for example lead source = chat.
- Variable: When you have a variable you are going to draw on from a URL string or UTM code.
- Data Ask/Element: Terminus customers can set up custom Data Elements to capture specific details about the visitor captured throughout the course of the chat to be passed. These can include email addresses, name and company name.
Custom Mapping Examples (not required):
|Type: Value||Variable Name: Chat||Object: Prospect||Field: Source|
|Type: Data Ask/Element||Variable Name: Region||Object: Prospect||Field: Region|
|Type: Variable||Variable Name: UTM||Object: Prospect||Field: UTM Source|
Outreach Data Elements available to Terminus Chat
The primary purpose for Outreach data to be available in Terminus Chat is to:
- Give the rep information about the user
- Provide a personalized bot and chat experiences
- Route conversations to the correct Account Owner (ABM Chat)
Terminus Chat makes available all fields from the Outreach API to prepopulate Data Elements and for ChatBot personalization.
In addition, the following fields from the Outreach API will show via the info panel:
|Terminus Chat (Info Panel View)||Outreach|
|First Name||Prospect:First Name|
|Home Phones||Prospect:Home Phones|
|Last Name||Prospect:Last Name|
|Mobile Phones||Prospect:Mobile Phones|
|Other Phones||Prospect:Other Phones|
|Touched At||Prospect:Touched At|
|Voip Phones||Prospect:Voip Phones|
|Work Phones||Prospect:Work Phones|
Finally, if desired, Terminus can use the Outreach Account Owner to route the lead to the correct individual on the team.
- Enable the ABM Chat Routing
- Map the user name from Outreach to the correct user name in Terminus Chat in order to connect the records.
First Time Visitors & Return Visitor connections
At this time, only return chat visitors which have been shared with Outreach will automatically see both Outreach and Terminus collected details in the info panel and have access to use the Outreach information for personalization purposes.
© 2019 Terminus Software, Inc.