You will need to have administrator access to Terminus Chat Experiences and Microsoft Teams in order to use this guide. If you do not have access to Terminus Chat, please reach out to your CSM to discuss your packaging.
Manage Entire Conversations:
- Send and receive Terminus Chat messages within Microsoft Teams.
- Use the built-in Microsoft Teams shortcuts to book meetings and collect information from your chat visitors.
- All of the data, including the entire back and forth conversation, will automatically push back into Chat Experiences (and into your connected systems as configured within Concluding Plays).
- Pick up the conversation from anywhere without disturbing the visitor experience. If you initially answer a conversation in Terminus Chat, you can switch to Teams and vice versa without your chat visitor knowing. Messages from all communication channels (Terminus Chat on web browser, Terminus Chat mobile app, etc.) will be broadcasted live in the respective Teams thread for each conversation!
- At the end of the chat, you will have the opportunity to indicate how qualified a lead is like usual.
You can select to push notifications to a routing group, an individual account owner, or even a global channel.
- Routing Group: Within your routing group settings in Chat Experiences, you can now add a Teams channel. Chat Experiences will then push all notifications for the routing group into the respective Microsoft Teams channel and "@" mention the members of the routing group.
- If all members of a routing group except for one person are on Do Not Disturb within Terminus Chat, the online team member will receive a 1:1 Teams notification rather than the channel.
- If a routing group only has one member, Terminus Chat will push the notification to a 1:1 channel with the end user.
- Individual Account Owner: When an identified target account initiates a conversation on your website, Chat Experiences notifications can be directed to the assigned account owner with our account-based routing capabilities. These account-based notifications will be sent 1:1 to the account owner in Teams.
- Global Channel: For smaller teams that do not need to utilize multiple routing groups, we’ve added the ability to easily send all chat notifications to one dedicated Teams channel of your choosing.
These steps can be completed by a Terminus Chat admin. Administrative privileges to Teams may be required to create the connection.
Establish the Connection Between Microsoft Teams and Terminus Chat
1. Navigate to the integrations page and click “Setup” for the Teams integration.
This will download the application Zip file:
Depending on your browser settings, you may be prompted to download the file.
2. In Microsoft Teams. navigate to the Team where you would like to establish the connection. Click on the ellipses next to the Team name (1) and then click on Manage Team (2).
If you do not see this option, please contact your organization's Teams administrator for further assistance.
3. Navigate to the "Apps" page for your Team.
4. In the bottom right corner, click "Upload a custom app."
5. Select the Terminus Chat zip file that was downloaded in Step 1. Click open.
6. The App Overview screen will appear. Click "Add".
7. The app will start to download. Once complete, you will receive a chat from Terminus Chat inviting you to complete the installation. Click "Complete Installation."
8. Once you click "Complete Installation", the Teams message will update to the following:
9. Terminus Chat will automatically open. The Microsoft Teams integration will show a green bar, indicating that the integration has been successfully connected. Click on "Configure".
The Microsoft Teams Integration Settings window will open in Terminus Chat.
Optional Step: Global Channel
By turning on this toggle, all Teams notifications will be pushed into the selected channel. This option is only recommended for teams that use one routing group across all of their playbooks.
When you turn on the toggle, you will be prompted to input a Teams channel that you’d like to push notifications. We recommend creating a Teams channel that is dedicated to Terminus Chat notifications if you choose this option.
10. Input the Teams username to map all Terminus Chat users to their Teams accounts.
Important: Only users whose Terminus Chat and Teams accounts are mapped will be able to send messages to chat visitors from Teams. If a Teams user’s account is not mapped to Terminus Chat and they try to answer an incoming request, they will receive this error message:
“You are not configured to use the Terminus Chat integration. Please contact your Terminus Chat administrator to connect your account.”
11. Once you’ve mapped all of the users, click save in the bottom right corner of the Teams Integration Settings window.
Add Microsoft Teams Channel to Routing Groups
When the Teams Integration is connected, a new “Teams Channel” field will appear in Routing Groups. This is where you can choose the Teams channel where you want to push notifications for the respective Routing Group.
Article is closed for comments.