When setting up your chat conversation routing, you may want to Terminus Chat to select who to notify based on geographic ownership within your team. Using Territories, you can easily segment your Terminus Chat users into various geographic regions to reference within your Routing Workflows.
How to Create a Territory:
1. Within Terminus Chat, navigate to the "Territories" page and click "Create New Territory" in the top right corner.
2. Select the pencil icon to rename your Territory.
3. Select your location preference - Visitor Location or Company Headquarter.
4. Click "Add Region" to create your first geographic segmentation within this territory. This will open the "Add/Edit Region" modal.
5. Name the region and select the user who should be notified for visitors belonging to this region.
If you are leveraging User Groups, you can also choose to assign regions to a User Group by adjusting the first dropdown from "User" to "User Group."
6. Input the locations that belong to this user / user group. Then, click save.
Note: It's important that you do not duplicate / overlap one location within multiple regions in a territory. This may cause unexpected routing behavior.
7. This will create your new region.
8. Click "Add Region" to create another region. Repeat this process until you've completed your geographic routing.
Once you've added all necessary regions and respective locations, your territory creation is complete!
This territory will now appear on your main Territories page, giving a glimpse of if you've selected Visitor Location vs Company Headquarter Location and which regions are included for quick reference:
Because one territory can be divided into as many regions as needed, most chat teams will only require one territory in their instance. However, some teams may need to create more than one geographic territory to mirror their Lead Routing rules. Examples of this could be if your team is segmented on multiple criteria - such as Industry + Visitor Location or Product Interest + Company Headquarter Location.
If you require another territory, simply click "Create New Territory" in the top right corner and repeat this process.
How to Modify a Territory:
1. To modify a territory, simply click on the ellipses for the region that you want to adjust and select either "Delete" or "Edit".
The "Edit" option will open the same screen as when you created the region, enabling you to easily adjust the owner for that region or the locations that align to that region.
Any adjustments you make will automatically apply to any Routing Workflows that include this territory.
How to Add a Territory within your Routing Workflow:
Once you've created a territory, you can select "Territory Owner" as the "Route To" field within a routing rule and then select the respective territory:
For more details about how to build Routing Workflows, refer to this article.